Can we waitlist for a mini suite?

Clampram

This is a pretty basic question but I am really not sure about it.

We are interested in a particular cruise in December that is already sold out in the mini suite category. Can we waitlist for a minisuite through Princess without having a reservation for a different category.

When the time for the final payment arrives perhaps some of the mini suites may open up??

We are interested in a particular cruise in December that is already sold out in the mini suite category. Can we waitlist for a minisuite through Princess without having a reservation for a different category.

When the time for the final payment arrives perhaps some of the mini suites may open up??

Yes, you can waitlist a specific category or a range of categories. You do have to put a refundable deposit down and the pricing you get will be what comes available when your cabin comes available. We have done this before and have gotten a room. In our situation we wanted an interior room even though mini suites were available. We wait listed only, we did not book a mini suite.

After final payment, cabins will open up, and sometimes even after final payment cabins will open up. You never know why people have to cancel a cruise. Given our experience, I'd say your chances are good to get a cabin you want.

Yes you can waitlist for a mini only without a booking.

It's a $200 refundable deposit.

As far as the price, you are at the mercy of Princess for the pricing.

We have done the waitlist many times and only did not clear once.

FWIW.......I think you will clear the waitlist.

Thanks all!

I guess that the other issue ight be that we could get a minisuite in a locations that we don't like.......like underneath a venue or something like that

If we have waitlisted and put a deposit do we have to take what they may offer?

Sorry for the questions, just don't want to get stuck with an undesirable location

Edited by Clampram

Thanks all!

I guess that the other issue ight be that we could get a minisuite in a locations that we don't like.......like underneath a venue or something like that

If we have waitlisted and put a deposit do we have to take what they may offer?

Sorry for the questions, just don't want to get stuck with an undesirable location

No, you don't have to accept it if you don't like the location.

Take a look at the deck plans and only wait list categories you would consider. While there may be some rooms you don't want in those areas you will be more likely to get what you want if you are open to more options.

Also do not count on Princess to notify you if there is availability for your sailing. Even though you are on a waitlist, you need to be diligent in following up with Princess. I was checking daily for my Christmas cruise.

There are no mini-suites that are 'under venues'. All Dolphin deck minis are under and over cabins. Emerald deck minis are under cabins but over Club Fusion/Vista Lounge which is troublesome to some. Coral has four on deck 12 but not under a deck chair area. EM