Sun delayed boarding 3 hrs today due to Customs

mousecrazy

The Sun is locked down due to unspecified customs problem. We are all sitting out on the sidewalk with our bags. NCL personnel are not even allowed in the terminal. Hmmm. Expected to open the terminal at 2pm Not a great start to our vacation. But will make the best of it.

Geez people grow up and stop making stupid bomb threats! I just hope it wasnt one of those "unhappy customers from the dec cruise" Have a safe and fun cruise I will be on the sun in march! Hopefully!

Amen to that!

The captain made a PA announcement that we were able to hear. He said they were going to search the entire ship AGAIN with the Coast Guard. Everyone us being diverted. NCL is handling thongs quite well.

Jut heard it was a bomb threat called from a cell phone from on board this morning. The TV news just showed up.

well if nothing else it will be a cruise beginning to remember and tell all your friends and family about.

I know you will make the best of the situration. Don't ya wonder what gets into people?

Nita

Geez people grow up and stop making stupid bomb threats! I just hope it wasnt one of those "unhappy customers from the dec cruise" Have a safe and fun cruise I will be on the sun in march! Hopefully!

I was thinking the same thing, but decided to let someone else make the statement.

Nita

Thong inspectors on the way.

Favorite comments of the inspectors:

1) Hey lady what have you got hidden in there?

2) Hey mister, you call that a weapon?

Sorry for the warped sense of humor this AM

I do hope things go well and you get underway soon.

Really too bad, not a good way to start. We were in the hotel down in Mexico in November. Our first morning the explosion occurred, we did not know what to think lots of flying glass and rocks, It was not a bomb but 7 people died. Best to be safe than wish you had.

another thought is maybe somebody was running late.. thought they may miss the boat and stopped at a pay phone and called it in.. so they wouldnt miss the ship.. i know its a weird ideal but who knows.. Happy sailings ill be on board in march "hopefully"

another thought is maybe somebody was running late.. thought they may miss the boat and stopped at a pay phone and called it in.. so they wouldnt miss the ship.. i know its a weird ideal but who knows.. Happy sailings ill be on board in march "hopefully"

I would hope not.:p

Glad everyone is on board and getting ready to sail.:D

My husband thought the same thing!! We're supposed to be on her in two weeks - hopefully this was a one time thing.

Update: Norwegian Sun is sailing normally and no further impact to this cruise is anticipated.

A statement issued by the cruise line yesterday said:

"This morning, Norwegian Sun, returning to Port Canaveral from a seven-day Eastern Caribbean cruise, received a report of a security threat. The ship immediately notified the appropriate authorities. Following an extensive security sweep of the vessel, the authorities involved determined the threat to be non-credible.

Check-in and embarkation for guests on Norwegian Sun's next cruise, scheduled to depart today, was delayed slightly and began at approximately 1 pm.

The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. We appreciate our guests' understanding while this situation was resolved."

The ship set sail at about 4 p.m. yesterday on a weeklong Western Caribbean cruise.

So the news reports I am reading say that an employee onboard the ship rec'ved the call. Doesn't that seem strange? Wouldn't it have to be a friend or family member who knew that employees phone number? Or do you think someone called the number you call to reach a guest onboard the ship and just made the threat to whoever answered the phone? I was just confused as they have not specified in any article I have read. I REALLY hope they catch who did it. I know I worked for a company one time that got a bomb threat. Within hours they had caught the person who called it in and it cost them a TON of money between fines and what our company sued for in lost revenue.

WOW.. I never would have thought of that. That would be one way to make sure the ship waited for you.

Archived