Hotels near Port Canaveral

Bookworm1985

I am cruising for the first time out of Port Canaveral. We are getting in the night before the cruise and are looking for decent hotels to stay at. Preferably ones with parking included and shuttles to/from the port. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am cruising for the first time out of Port Canaveral. We are getting in the night before the cruise and are looking for decent hotels to stay at. Preferably ones with parking included and shuttles to/from the port. Any recommendations?

We like the Residence Inn.

This subject comes up almost daily on the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Parking and shuttle is always going to cost extra. We stayed at the Residence inn Port Canaveral. Parking was six dollars a day to leave our car there during the cruise and the shuttle was eight dollars per person to the port. There were three of us so the shuttle would have been $24 but we took a cab instead for $15

Parking and shuttle is always going to cost extra. We stayed at the Residence inn Port Canaveral. Parking was six dollars a day to leave our car there during the cruise and the shuttle was eight dollars per person to the port. There were three of us so the shuttle would have been $24 but we took a cab instead for $15

When we stayed at the Residence Inn about a year ago, they offered a park and cruise package, which was not that much more than the regular room rate and it included 7 days of parking.

There are 3 on Astronaut Blvd which is super close to the port and all have shuttles - Residence Inn, County Inn & Suites, and Radisson. Have stayed at all of them and they are fine.

We recently stayed at Country Inn & Suites and had a very good experience. Shuttles were on time & very quick/efficient and driver was friendly. Very close to port. It was less expensive than other options for our dates as well. Room was just fine-nothing fancy but perfectly clean and comfortable for a 1 night stay. Heated pool and hot tub were a very nice bonus.

We like the Residence Inn.

This subject comes up almost daily on the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Thanks, i tried searching for it on the ports of call board but i figured that was the wrong spot to look. I didn’t know there was a departures forum.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites a few years ago. Hotel was fine, nothing special or over the top, but clean and safe. We booked a park and cruise package. It was around $150.

We booked the cruise only couple weeks out. The hotels I wanted to stay at had already been booked up. Comfort Inn was one of the few that had park and cruise packages left. Found out once we checked in there were a lot of ships leaving the same day as us. The hotel was packed, making for a long wait for breakfast and the shuttles. So we just walked across the street to McDonald's to grab breakfast. Found a nice place to sit outside by the pool while we waited for our shuttle time. We would stay there again if we couldn't get in elsewhere.

My parents liked the Country Inn and Suites. The stayed there a couple years ago and would stay there again.

I would suggest booking in advance since some days are much busier then others.

When we stayed at the Residence Inn about a year ago, they offered a park and cruise package, which was not that much more than the regular room rate and it included 7 days of parking.

Good to know that they have a package available. When we were there you paid separately for everything .....it was about two years ago.

You can also do Priceline to get the hotel and then pay for the transfers. I think the year we did that we paid $20 for the transfers and leaving our car at the hotel. Got the hotel for $50. But been a few years since we did that.