Local port times followed by Celebrity?

msmusic

If I remember correctly, Celebrity follows local port times in the Caribbean (and elsewhere) but I thought I would check with the experts here since our Summit cruise occurs when daylight savings time ends.

I am making arrangements with local tour operators in some substitute ports so these are unusual visits perhaps at different times than normal so want to make sure I have the correct times.

Thank you.

As others have stated, Celebrity often (but not always) adjusts ship time to match port time. This is at the discretion of the Captain. I have had experienced it go both ways, so you need to be prepared for a discrepancy. Reputable private tours are used to dealing with cruise ships and adjusting their schedule to when the ship is in port.

On over 10 X cruises...never had ship time different than port time.

I guess it can happen (ship time different than actual port time) and posters talk about it here all the time......never seen it. I think it would be pretty confusing to many and probably avoided.

On over 10 X cruises...never had ship time different than port time.

I guess it can happen (ship time different than actual port time) and posters talk about it here all the time......never seen it. I think it would be pretty confusing to many and probably avoided.

In 31 cruises we have only had it happen once where we stayed on ship's time and that wasn't a Celebrity cruise. It was our first or second cruise on a cruise line that doesn't exist any longer.

Off the Equinox yesterday and I can confirm that we changed one hour back for Grand Cayman, forward again for the ABC islands and back for Falmouth (Jamaica). Then finally forward for Miami.

Our itinerary meant that each change was followed by a sea day, so it had little to no effect on us (except maybe being late for breakfast!

Thanks for all of the replies. I guess like most things, there is no hard and fast rule. As I mentioned, this is a substitute port and I am using a small tour operator (with very good reviews) so I’ve asked the tour operator to reconfirm with the port authority since the port website does not have an updated schedule.

Thanks again for the replies.

Any idea why a Captain would not adjust? I had it happen in the Caribbean a couple years ago, and the notice in the daily was similar to the one above. The problem is that most people no longer wear "timepieces" but rely on their phones, which usually automatically sink up with the timezone. It was annoying to have to manually change the phone's time to stay in sync with the ship, and I was asked to show several people how to do it on their phones since it's not something you usually would have to do.