PG Roll Call Dec 1,2007

RMS Olympic

It maybe a long way off......but I am booked and very excited about this cruise which is longer than 7 days. Anyone else booked?

This wil be mysecond time of this ship; cant wait to see the refit results.

Staying at the radisson hotel for a 2 night pre-cruise stay. This time I intend to book a 4x4 tour of the interior of Tahiti to see some of the island...perhaps get a group of fellow minded active passengers together.

Happy holidays to all!

Greetings!

My husband and I just disembarked from the Regent Seven Seas Mariner three days ago, from a trip that went from Auckland, New Zealand through the South Pacific to LA. It was so fabulous that we booked the Paul Gauguin on Dec. 1. We cannot wait for this fabulous trip. We loved the Mariner, and all those who had been on PG raved about her, too!

Peggy and George Spatz

Welcome aboard to you and George!

I haven't sailed the Mariner yet...hope to do her in 2008. I sailed the Navigator (2002)for my first Radisson cruise and fell in love with this cruise line. Sailed the Voyager (2003, 2005) and the PG (2004). The PG was so wonderful I am going back for a second cruise..this one longer. Be prepared to be spoiled with the service, food on board and the beauty of French Polynesia.

Happy Holidays!

Tom

• 4 months later...

I am very excited to be joining this cruise. There will be six of us. We'll be celebrating my Aunt's 70th birthday. I've cruised frequently, but nothing like this. Our cabin is 710. Online it looks wonderful with a really nice balcony. I can't wait!!!

• 1 month later...

For those making this Dec 1 sailing, are you doing a precruise stay and if so what hotel. I am sticking with the Radisson to see what it is like and hope to fit in a 4X4 tour with Patrick tours the day before the cruise.

Heres hoping the weather in early december is great, and the sea water warm.

Tom

• 2 months later...
For those making this Dec 1 sailing, are you doing a precruise stay and if so what hotel. I am sticking with the Radisson to see what it is like and hope to fit in a 4X4 tour with Patrick tours the day before the cruise.

Heres hoping the weather in early december is great, and the sea water warm.

Tom

Greetings Tom, I just noticed that we never replied back to you concerning our pre-cruise plans. We will be coming 2 nights early, and will be staying at the Inter-Continental . We did a island tour last year when we were on the Mariner Auckland to LA trip. Our purpose for coming to Papeete early is to permit us to have time to visit their wonderful marketplace in town, as well as do some shopping for black pearls at a major shop near the pier, before we sail out and visit the pearl farms themselves. We chose the Inter-Continental over the Radisson because it puts us closer to where we want to go. We are also going to be staying 3 nights, post cruise, on Moorea at the Inter-Continental to celebrate our anniversary instead of having to while flying back home in a coach seat on an airplane! If we don't have a chance to meet up in Papeete before we embark, let's plan on meeting on-board for cocktails and even dinner. We also have good friends who will be flying in on embark. day to join us. We have sailed with Regent on 3 previous trips and have always had the best time. They are hard to beat for the money. We look forward to meeting you.

Kind Regards, George and Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

Congrads on your upcoming anniversary!

The Intercontinental is a wonderful place to stay...you will be very happy with your choice. I took the Radisson to see what it was like knowing it is further out. Dont know if the little Letrucks go by it...they are a great way to get into town from your hotel. Right now I need to know what is the best way to reserve a tour of the island...Patricks tours has been mentioned on many previous posts. Not sure if I can do it through the hotel or direct to Patrick via the internet.

I am flying out to LA (Wed) for a one night stay before boarding the plane to Papeete Thursday....very happy the flight departs mid day. Last time it departed late and got me into Papeete an about 3 in the morning.....bad timing.

I look forward to meeting the both of you......I wonder how full we will be right before the holiday season......should be a wonderful trip.

Three months to go.....

Tom

• 1 month later...

I fly out to LA for a one night lay over on Nov 28.....a little over a month away!!!!!!!

I have read a number of posts stating the month of December is rainy...since this cruise sails Dec 1st......will these 10 days be just the beginning of the rainy season or should I be prepared for gray skys and total wash out. I remember the last time I was on the PG...during September and we hit rain the morning of the Motu picknic...or should I say rain hit the PG.:eek:

I thought the ship was in a car wash.....the rain was incredibly intense. I stood out on the top deck...loved getting a shower:D , but many days of that would be soooo bad.:(

Any thought on the weather?

One last question...reef shoes.....does it pay to bring them? I didnt thin I needed shoes the last time....just a couple of BBC's and a couple of mudslides...for those that now what these beverages are :cool:

Just the thought of eating fresh coconut...on a beach.....:D

I fly out to LA for a one night lay over on Nov 28.....a little over a month away!!!!!!!

I have read a number of posts stating the month of December is rainy...since this cruise sails Dec 1st......will these 10 days be just the beginning of the rainy season or should I be prepared for gray skys and total wash out. I remember the last time I was on the PG...during September and we hit rain the morning of the Motu picknic...or should I say rain hit the PG.:eek:

I thought the ship was in a car wash.....the rain was incredibly intense. I stood out on the top deck...loved getting a shower:D , but many days of that would be soooo bad.:(

Any thought on the weather?

One last question...reef shoes.....does it pay to bring them? I didnt thin I needed shoes the last time....just a couple of BBC's and a couple of mudslides...for those that now what these beverages are :cool:

Just the thought of eating fresh coconut...on a beach.....:D

Greetings Tom, if it turn out to be a rainy trip, at least it won't be cold! I would recommend you book your tour on line to insure you get space in case it sells out. As for reef shoes, we used them and were glad to have them. We found the bottoms in the lagoons to be a bit rocky. We do plan on using the Le Truck to get around in Papeete. I think the ship is almost sold out. 6 weeks to go! Kind Regards, George and Peggy

On the motu, and places like it, you should use your reef shoes in the water, period. Not only is there sharp pieces of coral, and the risk of sea urchins, but there is the risk of stonefish. Perhaps a low risk, but not worth the chance--their venom is extremely dangerous, and can be fatal.

George and Peggy...already reserved the jet ski at Bora Bora. Will look over the other tours/ excusrion but since I am into the water activities...probably snorkling. Hope they offer water skiing.......a great way to wash/ clense places you didnt know you had:D

Wendy....so the stone fish is extrememly dangerous...you should see me after one too many cosmos:eek: .......believe me reef shoes provide no, repeat, no protection:D

I am soo ready to get to Papeete, hope the radison Hotel is nice.

Tom

Tom, they're very rare, and something that you step on--they are literally a fish that looks kind of like a stone. I bet somebody goes around the motu area and checks that there aren't any.

On the motu, by the way, instead of a cosmo, there are amazing drinks that the bar staff concoct for you, including giant pina coladas in freshly-cut coconuts.

Coconuts.....imagine something you can put in your drink or put your drink into....then eat the coconut meat...and then wear the shells as either a bikini top for the girls or a speedo for the guys.....what a multi purpose item.

I remember having drinks in those coconuts.....Regent does it sooooo well!

I sure hope there is a fun crowd on board...at least I know those that have posted on this thread sound like wonderful people.

Now to find reef shoes.

Tom

The trip should be a lot of fun. I need a break. I'm taking some good books. Not sure what else I'll do. At least one excursion booked per port. Too bad we can't ride motorcyles as part of the excursions. Hope the weather cooperates. Whatever the weather is, the trip and time away will be nice.

My TA called me today and said my docs are in...I will get them shortly.

I have decided I will not worry about the weather. If its really warm and the rain comes down really hard.....I am going to get a drink...with an umbrella in it...so it doesnt get diluted:p . Thats what those funny little umbrellas are for..who would have guessed. Once the beverage is complete....I am going to do something crazy...grab a bar of soap and take a shower out on deck......(wearing a bathing suit). Now that is a memory worth creating......a south pacific rain shower!:cool: Maybe get some others to join in and then take a group photo. Now that would be an interesting Regent Cruise Line advertisement....even in the rain Regent cruisers have fun on board!

Can you tell I need a vacation? Early retirement next year cant get here fast enough. In the meantime....TAHITI!:D :D :D

RMS Olympic (Tom), Cuatsea (Peggy and George) and Malefevre:

My wife and I are signed up for the Paul Gauguin June 14, 2008 which has the same itinerary as your Dec. 1 cruise. I am trying to surprise my wife with this cruise. (35th wedding anniversary) If all goes well, she will not know ahead of time where we are going. I am trying to plan everything as best I can so this will be a special trip.

I have a big favor to ask. If anyone of you would be so kind as to grab an extra copy of the daily activities sheet for me I would be eternally grateful. I have been told they are called either “Passages” or “Ia Orana”. I will gladly mail you a self addressed stamped envelope so all you will have to do stuff them in and drop in the mail.

My email address is jayapeterson@hotmail.com

I would also love to hear any of your thoughts and/or suggestions when you return.

Consider it done.....will collect everything I can and mail it upon return. Will also include some of the items that came with the documents.

I now have said docs in my hands......which means I can start my official count down to flight departure on Nov 28. Now to find reef shoes this weekend.

Anyone bringing a pareo to wear? I think thats what they call those cloth wrap arounds. One too many deserts and I'll have to use 2 tied end to end:D

We will be on the Seven Seas Mariner 12/03/07 and thought you might like to know that we will be in Bora Bora and Moorea with all of you aboard the Paul Gauguin.

Previous posters have said that we will be able to visit each others ship while anchored. Neat huh?

Docs in hand:D

Funny...although I have been on the PG.....I am really excited about this sailing..maybe because its longer than 7 days.

Sure hope its as good as the last time.

This week its time to buy reef shoes as everyone suggested.

Heres hoping the weather is good, the crew in a good mood and warm water to swim in:D

Maybe the flight will be empty on the 29th of Nov...wouldn't that be great. hey, I can wish cant I:o

• 2 weeks later...

At least for me.....I hope others going are getting in the mood to cruise.

Hope the cooks are in a good mood and making some nice dishes.....Good wine, good food and nice people the dine with...after a day of snorkling, swimming, a few beverages in coconuts......sounds like heaven to me.

All I have to remember is keep my shaved head really covered in sun tan lotion;)

Lets see....flowered shirts, shorts, flip flops, sun glasses, a hat, a bathing suit. Ready to go

Tom:D

Tom,

Happy sailing and enjoy yourself. I am so jealous. I have to wait till April 2008 for my trip to Tahiti. I look forward to hearing your review upon your return. We are also staying 2 pre-nights at the Rad so I would love to hear your thoughts on the hotel stay as well. Bon Voyage and if it does rain well at least you till have that umbrella for your drink. Ya gotta hate when it gets watered down :D

Archived