toursaver book

howell

I received my toursaver book and have booked most of our tours with no problems. I ordered the book online on a Friday and received it on Monday. The site said it could take 7 to 10 days for delivery. I was so surprised when I went to the mailbox and it was there. As soon as I got the book, I started calling and reserved the tours we wanted. Everyone I talked to was so helpful and friendly. So far I have saved over $570.00. :D:D:D:D

:D

wow....I am impressed!! I am the first one to go looking for a coupon before I go out, usually for a restaurant, but when i have looked at the toursaver books sites, nothing they offered fit what I was already doing, or wanted to do, so, that being said, would you mind letting us know which book and what you are doing with coupons? I have time to change, and sure wouldnt mind saving some, even if its half of what you saved. Darn, you did good!!

We also saved big using the Toursaver book. We booked an RV and saved $750. We booked Talkeetna Areo Services and saved $295. The Tram in Juneau will save us $25. We haven't yet but probably will book a Kayaking trip in Ketchakan and will save about $75. Renown Tours in Seward saved us $149. All that minus what we paid for it, $100, has saved us $1194. I am excited I found out about this book!

No good when on cruise are they? I haven't found any trips in Ketchikan, Juneau or Skagway. Also on a landtour visiting Copper River, Denali and McKinley Lodges.

Have I missed something somewhere?

Are you asking about the Toursaver coupon book or the link from the previous post? The TourSaver book is very much usable for all of these.

For Juneau TourSaver has a whale watching trip as well as the Mount Roberts tram.

For Denali we are using the TourSaver for our Denali lodging as well as the Cabin Nite Dinner Theater.

There are othres as well.

So yes, the TourSaver does help for both cruise excursions as well as land tours. The link also seems to have savings for both lodging as well as excursions. Hope this helps. Good luck!

No good when on cruise are they? I haven't found any trips in Ketchikan, Juneau or Skagway. Also on a landtour visiting Copper River, Denali and McKinley Lodges.

For Ketchikan there is the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's tour - savings of $169. There is also a Misty Fjords National Monument boat tour in Ketchikan with Allen Marine worth $179. Mt. Roberts Tram in Juneau is worth $25. I always wait to see what the weather is like before taking the tram anyway and you don't need to book in advance. There is a whale watching coupon for Juneau worth $129. I believe they are a newer company and no reviews so far, but I'm willing to take my chances since I've already done whale watching twice before. There are a few others I am considering, but I've already paid for my book and accruing the savings.:D

We are also using the Tour Saver book a fair bit on our trip. I compared (online) the tour saver vs. the northern lights and the tour saver just worked out better for us. While it seems that it is more useful for an interior land tour, there definitely are coupons in it that apply to cruise ports. It really just depends on what your interests are. We are using the following:

-Juneau: Mt. Roberts tram - $25

-Whittier: Prince William Sound Cruises - $109

-Seward: Renown Tours Misty Fjord Cruise - $163

-Seward: Sea Life Center - $20

-Anchorage: Alaska Native Heritage Museum - $24

-Talkeetna: Talkeetna Aero Tours flightseeing - $275

That's a savings of $616, less the $100 purchase price equals a total savings of $516. Not bad for just a little bit of effort.

wow....I am impressed!! I am the first one to go looking for a coupon before I go out, usually for a restaurant, but when i have looked at the toursaver books sites, nothing they offered fit what I was already doing, or wanted to do, so, that being said, would you mind letting us know which book and what you are doing with coupons? I have time to change, and sure wouldnt mind saving some, even if its half of what you saved. Darn, you did good!!

So far we have booked : (all are get one free)

* flightseeing tour of Denali with glacier landing $265

*Whale watching Juneau $129.00

*Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's tour Ketchikan $169.00

*will do the Mount Roberts Tramway but no need to reserve

We are not for sure what to do in Skagway, since we did the train two years ago. Any suggestions from anyone would be great. And if they are in the toursaver book even better.

Same here, we've had great use out of our Toursaver book. Worth every penny!

We are using Girdwood Shuttle Transportation (ANC to Whittier Shuttle) - $54

PWS Glacier tour $109

Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour $169

Alaska Whale Watching $129

Mount Roberts Tramway $25 (If we have time)

All coupons are buy one get one free, costing us only $488, when really we should have paid $972 minus $99 for the book = $872 savings for us.

Well worth it, the vendors have been great!

We are doing a cruisetour with Celebrity in June. I am interested in this Toursaver book but concerned that by the time we get the book we might be too late to use many of the vouchers. (we live in Scotland). It seems so many of cruisers book these tours in advance and the Operators may say "no more vouchers".

We are doing a cruisetour with Celebrity in June. I am interested in this Toursaver book but concerned that by the time we get the book we might be too late to use many of the vouchers. (we live in Scotland). It seems so many of cruisers book these tours in advance and the Operators may say "no more vouchers".

They are most useful for people independently touring Alaska. For cruisetour people, the flightseeing out of Talkeetna is the most used coupon, also the river tours there, although I don't find them interesting.

These books are far more useful for independent interior Alaska touring. Out of Talkeetna (McKinley Princess), you have the option for McKinley flightseeing? A couple inside passage tours are listed below.

As I am mentioning, Toursaver and Northern Lights is usually far more useful for independent Interior Alaska visitors. I have never found any significant deals for lodging, since I don't care for the lodges, way overrun with buses and people. :) I have always gotten better deals with independent B&B's and basic motels.

I have no idea how long it will take to get your toursaver book in Scotland. I ordered on a Friday and it was in my mailbox on Monday by 2:00pm

You have 14 days from the day you received the book to review and check on tours availablity. I had the same concerns. If tours are not available send the book back. The toursaver # is1-907-278-7600 if you have questions. Not one person I called asked for the book number when I booked the tours. They just reminded me to be sure to leave the coupon in the book-they would remove it. Hope all goes well

There is also a thriving market for used Toursavers on eBay. (Note you are not allowed to buy/sell on this site, a wise idea). We sailed last July and our book sold almost immediately when we returned. Be sure the listing states exactly which coupons are missing (whether you're a buyer or seller) and be sure the seller is willing to provide the book number.

I know that northern lights costs $50, while Tour Saver is $100. does only Tour Saver require booking within 14 days of receipt? that's kind of onerous. What about northern lights? Have folks encountered issues with limited availability/slots on tour excursions? We're going in early to mid-July, so is now a good time to order one of these books?

So glad you all are getting such great deals with the Toursaver. I bought the book and then just recently found out that I can't use it for the tour I bought it for. The only tour time available the day that our ship will be in port doesn't finish in enough time to get back on the ship. :mad: It was totally my mistake and I feel major foolish for it. I am hoping to sell it on ebay soon and recoup some of what I paid for it.

Word to the impetuous (yep, that's me) make sure you can use the coupons when you buy the book!!!:o

I know that northern lights costs $50, while Tour Saver is $100. does only Tour Saver require booking within 14 days of receipt? that's kind of onerous. What about northern lights? Have folks encountered issues with limited availability/slots on tour excursions? We're going in early to mid-July, so is now a good time to order one of these books?

You do not have to book within 14 days of receipt. I think you have 14 days to return it if you can't use it.

So glad you all are getting such great deals with the Toursaver. I bought the book and then just recently found out that I can't use it for the tour I bought it for. The only tour time available the day that our ship will be in port doesn't finish in enough time to get back on the ship. :mad: It was totally my mistake and I feel major foolish for it. I am hoping to sell it on ebay soon and recoup some of what I paid for it.

Word to the impetuous (yep, that's me) make sure you can use the coupons when you buy the book!!!:o

You have 14 days from the day you received it to send it back. It will cost you postage, but that better than the $100+

• 2 weeks later...

Jenn, Email me at tacotam04@aim.com.

I would not like to buy this book and then find out that the coupons don't apply to my sailing dates / time in port. Could someone who has a book tell me about the Bearing Fisherman's Tour and the Whalewatching tour..which dates they are good for and what times? I hope this is not a difficult question. I just would hate to waste $100 as those are the ONLY two excursions we are interested in.

I was going to purchase the Toursaver book, but it only made sense if one of the more expensive tours accepted the coupon. Luckily, I called first and was advised that they were only accepting bookings from the cruise lines that day and all of their space was allocated to the 2 ships in port. So - for the two other places that would accept the coupons, we would end up spending more money to buy the book than we would save.

As the previous poster stated - you should make sure the vendor will accept the coupon on the date/time you need before purchasing the book.

Archived