toursaver book

howell

We are a family of five and have used two coupons for the following booked tours: whale watching in Juneau saving $258 , Kenai Fjords in Seward saving $298 and McKinley flightseeing tour at a savings of $530. So far our savings is over $1000. A great return on our $200 investment (buying two books). As OP's have stated, some of the tours are limited to a specific number of coupons per day and/or per tour. After our return, I plan on selling them both on ebay.

We plan on doing the following, which do not need advanced reservations: Mt Roberts Tramway, Alyeska Tram, Wild Berry Park and Sealife Center. There are also a couple of free souveniors in the book. There are still some coupons that we are considering.

My thougths on the tour operators: We travel with our 13 year old daughter who is confined to a wheelchair. In all of our conversations with the different tour operators, we have encountered nothing but kindness and graciousness. They are as interested as we are in making sure we, and our daughter, has a wonderful and unforgetable time.

• 2 months later...
So far we have booked : (all are get one free)

* flightseeing tour of Denali with glacier landing $265

*Whale watching Juneau $129.00

*Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's tour Ketchikan $169.00

*will do the Mount Roberts Tramway but no need to reserve

We are not for sure what to do in Skagway, since we did the train two years ago. Any suggestions from anyone would be great. And if they are in the toursaver book even better.

i ordered 2 toursavers book because we are 4. Flightseeing Tour of Denali with Glacier landing -- where did you get that from. We are in cruise so at what port where you able to get that? We want to do Denali but don't know how to add it in our port excursions. we also have 3 days post cruise (seward disembark)

I do plan to touch base with the Toursaver company. However, I fault both Toursaver and the Inlet Hotel. It should be disclosed on the coupon that it is for rack rate only. It just says it can't be coupled with any other discount.
Rack rate is "full retail price", like the window sticker on a car. Any lower price is a discount. So it's not clear to me what wasn't disclosed.Glad you found something that worked instead...and I have to agree I wouldn't have paid the rack rate less Toursaver coupon either. But I wouldn't have felt deceived or ripped off.

i ordered 2 toursavers book because we are 4. Flightseeing Tour of Denali with Glacier landing -- where did you get that from. We are in cruise so at what port where you able to get that? We want to do Denali but don't know how to add it in our port excursions. we also have 3 days post cruise (seward disembark)

Hi Alwayslost. Denali is not a shore excursion. It is Denali National Park, about 4 1/2 hours from Anchorage. You would have to do a land tour after your cruise to do something like this. However, Seward is approximately another 3+ hours from Anchorage so you would have to account for that as well. I am not an Alaska expert and this will be our first trip but maybe if you post a new request for more info some more experienced travelers and locals can assist you. We are actually doing this excursion during our stay at Denali and are very much looking forward to it. We do have a TourSaver book as well. (We are doing four days pre-cruise in Alaska.)

You can check out Denali at:

http://www.nps.gov/dena/

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Rack rate is "full retail price", like the window sticker on a car. Any lower price is a discount. So it's not clear to me what wasn't disclosed.Glad you found something that worked instead...and I have to agree I wouldn't have paid the rack rate less Toursaver coupon either. But I wouldn't have felt deceived or ripped off.

I don't know that I actually felt ripped off but I admit it was a bit of a shocker. I still can't understand why one company is willing to allow it while another refuses. It just baffles me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I am new to CC and this is my first post. So I hope this works. My husband and I are going on our second AK cruise on Sept. 6, and I was greatly interested to learn about the toursaver book on this website. We LOVED our whale-watching cruise in Juneau 10 years ago and would love investigate using a toursaver coupon to enjoy it again, but when I look at the list of tours on the Toursaver website, I am not finding any listed. Several members have referred to such a coupon, but I just can't find it. Are there more coupons actually in the book than they list on their website?

Also, it is not apparent to me how you contact the tour vendor in advance of purchasing the book. We would also like to do the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour, but I don't see any contact info for that vendor on the Toursaver website. Where are you guys finding this stuff?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Hi. I am new to CC and this is my first post. So I hope this works. My husband and I are going on our second AK cruise on Sept. 6, and I was greatly interested to learn about the toursaver book on this website. We LOVED our whale-watching cruise in Juneau 10 years ago and would love investigate using a toursaver coupon to enjoy it again, but when I look at the list of tours on the Toursaver website, I am not finding any listed. Several members have referred to such a coupon, but I just can't find it. Are there more coupons actually in the book than they list on their website?Also, it is not apparent to me how you contact the tour vendor in advance of purchasing the book. We would also like to do the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour, but I don't see any contact info for that vendor on the Toursaver website. Where are you guys finding this stuff?

I believe it is this one http://www.akwhalewatching.com/akwhalewatching.html

Just look up the vendors on the web and call them.

I'm another happy toursaver user. I called the vendors ahead of time before buying our 2 books for a family of 4 to make sure they had room. We're using the Kenai Fjords tour, Whale Watching in Juneau, and Mt. Roberts Tram. All vendors have been very courteous. When I only received 1 book from Toursaver, I contacted them and they immediately and they shipped out the 2nd book priorty mail. We're leaving next week and I'm ecstatic about our savings.

I have not received my TS book yet and I am trying to book a whale watching tour in Juneau. The website just says whale watching tour. Is there a company name? I hope I get my book soon, or my cruise will leave before I receive it and no booked tours. If anyone knows the whale cruise co. in Juneau for the TS book, please pass it on. Thanks

Hi. I am new to CC and this is my first post. So I hope this works. My husband and I are going on our second AK cruise on Sept. 6, and I was greatly interested to learn about the toursaver book on this website. We LOVED our whale-watching cruise in Juneau 10 years ago and would love investigate using a toursaver coupon to enjoy it again, but when I look at the list of tours on the Toursaver website, I am not finding any listed. Several members have referred to such a coupon, but I just can't find it. Are there more coupons actually in the book than they list on their website?

Also, it is not apparent to me how you contact the tour vendor in advance of purchasing the book. We would also like to do the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour, but I don't see any contact info for that vendor on the Toursaver website. Where are you guys finding this stuff?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

The Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour can be found at 56degreesnorth.com They have a phone number listed on the site. Just call them and ask if they have room for a toursaver on the date of your visit. They were very accommodating to us and this is a terrific tour.

We got our reservations on Bering Sea crab tour via email. Just told them the date and time of the tour we wanted and we were contacted back by email and told what to do. Very nice people to work with. They will inform you if there are any tour saver seats available for the sailing you require. This one tour paid for the book and saved us another $70. We will use the book for a few more tours and entry fees as well.

Great savings. I hope to pass the book on to some boarding passengers as we leave the ship in Vancouver. Bon Voyage! :)

There is also a thriving market for used Toursavers on eBay. (Note you are not allowed to buy/sell on this site, a wise idea). We sailed last July and our book sold almost immediately when we returned. Be sure the listing states exactly which coupons are missing (whether you're a buyer or seller) and be sure the seller is willing to provide the book number.

Where is the book number located? I want to purchase my book on Ebay. Does the seller need to send the book number separately, or is it stamped in the book somewhere? Thanks!

The Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour can be found at 56degreesnorth.com They have a phone number listed on the site. Just call them and ask if they have room for a toursaver on the date of your visit. They were very accommodating to us and this is a terrific tour.

Thanks! Got it booked yesterday and we are so excited. 6 weeks to go!!!

Where is the book number located? I want to purchase my book on Ebay. Does the seller need to send the book number separately, or is it stamped in the book somewhere? Thanks!

The book number is stamped a few pages inside the front cover. Remember to make sure it has the coupons you need still intact.

• 2 weeks later...

We have used this book two years in a row and have saved tons of money with it. We were able to use it for:

2 for 1

Riverboat Discovery in Fairbanks

River Rafting in Denali

Cabin Nite Dinner Theater Denali

Alaska Sea Life Center

Kenai Fjords National Park Tour

Prince William Sound Glacier Cruise

Whale watching in Juneau

Mt. Roberts Tramway Juneau

Kayaking in Ketchikan

Sometimes you can find them on ebay with most of their coupons. Just check which coupons have been used. If the book has what you want you can really save a lot for a small investment. The savings from this coupon book allowed us to take tours we never would have considered for full price.

The book number is stamped a few pages inside the front cover. Remember to make sure it has the coupons you need still intact.

I just had a look on Ebay because I have one to get rid of/sell.......there were only 3 listed and the top bid was $33! Am I looking in the right place? They were in the Travel Section.

M.

Archived