Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

1newf1not

Does anyone have any recommendations for private tours in Ho Chi Minh City?

Thank you so much

We have used the company below and used the owner Ngoan to arrange tours from all cruise ports, even in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos and of course Vietnam. Just tell her what you want to do and like to do and she will do you an amazing tour, and even puts bottles of water on vehicle. I have 7 tours booked with her for my 40 day crusie in Jan'/Feb. Her prices will be the best you get and I have her include entrance fees and lunches in price.

Here is her company site and her email

Email: ngoan.le@travelauthenticasia.com

Rita K.

We were just there last month and had a great time with our guide Trong from My Way Travel.

Trong and our driver were both very helpful and polite and extremely concerned to make sure that this was OUR visit and that not only they showed us things but that we got to see and do what we wanted to.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293925-d6833521-Reviews-My_Way_Travel_Private_Day_Tours-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any recommendations for private tours in Ho Chi Minh City?

Thank you so much

We have found that the best way to understand a culture is though food. We did food tours in Da Nang and Saigon. If interested let me know I'll send our guile info upon request,

Happy Planning,Capt. Ron

We were in Vietnam in late September and we used Bestprice Travel (http://www.bestpricevn.com) to book our private tours in Hanoi and Halong Bay. Bestprice Travel, which is highly rated in tripadvisor, provides excellent service and at reasonably priced tours including domestic airfares. I would definitely book with them again on future visits to Vietnam.

We have found that the best way to understand a culture is though food. We did food tours in Da Nang and Saigon. If interested let me know I'll send our guile info upon request,

Happy Planning,Capt. Ron

Captain Ron,

I would very much like to hear more about food tours. I agree with your philosophy. Could you email me information Traverse64athotmaildotcom

Thank you

Jonathan

Hi,

My wife and I did HCMC from Phu My port with David Nguyen from Vietnam-shoreexcursions.com. The tour was excellent. We also did the tours in Chan May and Ha Long. All services were amazing. Highly recommend this company. It is recommended on TripAdvisor too. You can contact with David Nguyen at info@vietnam-shoreexcursions.com.

Good luck!

Vietnamese tour guides mostly work to make you laugh not to make you comfortable. Language is a problem with at least half of them. Knowledge is unupdated from most.

My personal pleasure is about guiding service from Nguyen Tri Dung by nick Zoom at http://www.saigonprivatetour.com

The best way is use the guide in his/ her best fields. Best from Zoom is an image with accurate details on Vietnam's history esp. Vietnam's war & social life. Touring photos and his humor sense add values.n

• 5 weeks later...

This isn't a tour review but rather a share about my experience with a tour operator. I never actually took a tour with Mr. Cap Van Phung but he still rates #1 with me. I am booked on a cruise ship and I organized a day tour for 27 people in Ho Chi Minh City with Roadstour. I paid a large deposit, then the itinerary was changed and Phu My port was canceled. Cap attempted to send my deposit back via Western Union and to deposit to my Chase acct in HCMC, but at this time funds are not allowed out of Vietnam to US other than for educational fees.

My money is lost? Nope. I asked Cap to send the money to the bank account of another tour operator in a different Vietnam city that our ship was going to. Cap obliged and sent my full deposit.

During this entire transaction Cap was always a good communicator and I never felt that he wouldn't do everything possible to return my money. He spent a great deal of time and effort on this. Cap also lost out on deposits he made in advance.

I can't express how impressed I am with with Mr. Cap Van Phung. His honesty and dedication are surpassed only by his desire to please his customers. I'm so disappointed that we will miss our port stop and Ho Chi Minh tour with Roadstour. But you can bet that when I return to HCMC I will use Roadstour exclusively.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Planning,Capt. Ron

would love this information please Capt. Ron... 4 of us are on RCI Voager in Oct and are looking at food tour options. Thanks in advance

carolynn.greenhalgh@btopenworld.com

We were in Vietnam last year and took the "Ho Chi Minh City on your Own" excursion from Royal Caribbean. It worked out very well for us. In addition to the coach transfer from the cruise port to the city, the guide provided a good commentary along the way.

It was easy getting around town on our own and a great way to interact the locals.

http://Vietnam-Guide.net/

We were recently on a Seabourn Cruise of Southeast Asia and took these tours.

Ho Chi Minh City- Used tour company-

http://privatevietnamtourguide.com

Bao Lac is owner - ask for Xuan Le to be your guide. Amazing day with him. A very special young man. Great reviews on trip advisor.

We did it privately, you may want to find another couple on Roll call to go with you and split cost.

Itinerary: called Saigon Full Day city tour

Cholon: China town and Thien Hau temple to learn about my custom and religion.

Rickshaw riding through different local markets in 45 minutes with a driver for each of you. (This was so much fun!)

Walking into small alleys and through a local market to discover the real life as the soul of my city.

Downtown: war museum and site, walking on Dongkhoi road to visit French buildings: Notre Damn Church, City Post-office, City Hall and The Rex hotel.

Also there is an unique building that the Huey Uh1 evacuated people climbing on the ladder one day before the North came to take over Saigon in 1975, it became the iconic photo of the Fall of Saigon- only tour company allowed to go there as it is not opened for tourist and public

New city to see the contrast between old and new residences.

We also added with our guide a lunch break at Nha Hang Ngon restaurant- was delicious, not expensive and we treated the guide.

2nd half day- we did on our own:

- Reunification Palace- South Vietnam headquarters during the war- Basement has command center during the war ( very interesting) and also went shopping.

Bao Lac also suggested we do motorbike food tour this 1/2 day ( we didn't do- but everyone loves it)

Ho Chi Minh is so interesting for Americans with all the Vietnam war places to visit.

Da Nang port/Hoi An

We used this company:

http://privatehoianguide.com/

We did this tour:

http://privatehoianguide.com/private-hoi-an-shore-excursion-from-tien-sa-port.php

Another great day- XuanTu has great tours. Rated #1 on tripadvisor for a reason. XuanTu was one of the best guides we ever had and a fantastic day!

Loved going to Cam Kim Island to see local businesses in people's homes.

and Hoi An afterwards.

We did privately but you can also get another couple on roll call to go with you.