15th Street Fisheries Restaurant

Mango Mike

Looks like a good location but what about the food/service, good-bad-average?

If you've been there, I'd really appreciate your thoughts - Thanks

Great location on the water with decent seafood that is reasonably priced. Dress is casual.

Southport Raw Bar is better but you can't beat 15th Street Fisheries view.

Our group had dinner there on Thursday last week. Food was very good, service could have been better but it was a group of 40, sometimes hard to look after. The reviews on line are awful, but we took a chance and were pleasantly surprised. Try the Chilean Sea Bass!

We also had dinner at the Blue Moon Fish Co - very good food & atmosphere, pricier though.

We ate there post cruise last December. Loved it! We were upstairs and sat at a window table. We spent dinner (which was awesome!) watching a 13 million dollar yacht moored directly outside the restaurant.

Cathy

I was there most recently in late April and found the food to be mediocre at best, prices were high for what you got, and service was among the worst I have experienced anywhere.

This follows a visit to the restaurant in 2004 which was not much better than this year. The only thing that is good, in my opinion, about the restaurant is the view.

After two visits, I won't be back. There are many more restaurants in Fort Lauderdale that are far superior.

There are two sections to this restaurant. Downstairs is casual and prices are less expensive, upstairs is a bit dressier and menu more upscale and pricier. We've eaten only upstairs and their "Sunset Dinner" (i.e., early bird, had to be seated by 6 p.m.) was outstanding. I think it may be under new ownership, but whenever we were there, the dinner, which was $14.95 for a 3-course meal, was outstanding.

It's always my first stop after getting into FLL. We like to sit downstairs in the casual section and watch the yachts go by..ahhhh. They have recently added new seating and there are now 'portholes' in the floor!! I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the food and service was good as usual. I'll be back in less than 2 weeks!! ENJOY!

I love the bread selection, but the place isn't very nice. It's decorated in dark nautical furnishings, circa 1970s. I feel that it is expensive for such a casual restaurant. The food and service are not bad, but just not impressive. I think if you are a tourist and are staying nearby and want a restaurant on the water it is a good enough choice. In the area, I prefer Bimini Boatyard.

Majority rules - we're going to give it a try. After looking at the menus online (although subject to change), we'll probably go the casual route and eat at the downstairs restaurant

. . . I think if you are a tourist and are staying nearby and want a restaurant on the water it is a good enough choice. In the area, I prefer Bimini Boatyard.

We're staying at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort so "nearby" doesn't pertain much here. Also, ate at the Bimini Boatyard last time in Ft. Lauderdale, enjoyed it immensely - want to try something different - Thanks.

Majority rules - we're going to give it a try. After looking at the menus online (although subject to change), we'll probably go the casual route and eat at the downstairs restaurant

We're staying at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort so "nearby" doesn't pertain much here. Also, ate at the Bimini Boatyard last time in Ft. Lauderdale, enjoyed it immensely - want to try something different - Thanks.

Charley's Crab is on the water and excellent! While it is more expensive than any of the above, it is worth the price.

Archived