Sandals Nassau

kcruzgrl

Has anyone done Sandals for the day in Nassau recently? From what I understand the price has gone down to $120 a day per person. Just wondering what people thought, how they got there, and if it is worth it. We would rather be at a place without kids to just relax. We will be there this fall. Any thoughts or comparisons?

Down? It used to be $115. :)

We've stayed at Sandals and have also gone there for a day pass. It's a very nice property.

When we did the day pass, we took the bus to get there and back. There's a guard at the entrance who will direct you to the front desk to check in. Unfortunately, it was too windy that day for the ferry so we couldn't go to the private island or use the sailboats. Normally, the ferry runs once an hour, so if you do want to go to the private island, be very careful of the time. Also, pick up your towels before you go over.

There are several places to eat lunch, a sit-down grill, a buffet, a pizza oven and there's also a restaurant on the island. There are two main large pools with swim-up bars - good drinks.

Down? It used to be $115. :)

We've stayed at Sandals and have also gone there for a day pass. It's a very nice property.

When we did the day pass, we took the bus to get there and back. There's a guard at the entrance who will direct you to the front desk to check in. Unfortunately, it was too windy that day for the ferry so we couldn't go to the private island or use the sailboats. Normally, the ferry runs once an hour, so if you do want to go to the private island, be very careful of the time. Also, pick up your towels before you go over.

There are several places to eat lunch, a sit-down grill, a buffet, a pizza oven and there's also a restaurant on the island. There are two main large pools with swim-up bars - good drinks.

Down? It used to be $110.

Thanks for the info. Some of the trip advisor posts and older posts on CC were saying it used to be $140-180 a person, that's why I said the cost had gone down. :)

Good to know about the ferry every hour to the private island, I wondered about that, I wouldn't want to swim back to make it to the ship on time.

Edited by kcruzgrl

I am very interested in getting odd the ship and going to sandals but I know absolutely nothing about what is offered. I am planning on going in January. Should I forget about being outside during that time ?

Water temperatures are normally quite chilly in January.

I agree - the water is too cold for swimming in January. And the weather could be hot and sunny or it could be chilly. It just depends on if any cold fronts have come through. I'd play it by ear and decide when you get to Nassau if a day at Sandals would be worth it. Have a Plan B.

I agree about January. Especially in the Bahamas where you are not very far South, it is a given you will not want to go in the water. That being said, it may still be warm enough to be in the sun. I agree, have a backup plan. Sometimes it is warmer just staying on the ship and being at the pool. The water in the Bahamas in early May is still to cold for me though, I'm only happy when the water is like bath water, so I may not be a good judge. :p

When we stayed at Sandals, the pools weren't heated. I don't know if they have changed that or not since then. I hope so, because the two big beautiful swim-up bar pools are one of the most important features of the resort. It would be a shame to go to Sandals and not be able to get in.

We were there in April and even then the pools were on the cool side. You might want to check the reviews on tripadvisor.com to see if the pools are heated now.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at Sandals one November and the weather is hit or miss. It was warm when we got there and did the pools - which were chilly - and the beach on the property was windy.

Their private island was great. Much less windy as the main area they drop you and where the action is faces a different direction than the resort does.