Looking for a Hotel suggestion

Shocker

We are looking for a Hotel that is not too far from the Miami Airport and Port of Miami. I would like it to have a pool and be within walking distance of a place where one can buy wine and beer and some eating places. There are 2 couples of us and we plan to get 2 rooms for one night in October before going on the cruise. I would like a decent hotel for under 150.00 if that is possible.

Thank you to all who respond with suggestions.

Shocker

I agree with the above suggestion to stay downtown - lots of hotels in the Mary Brickell area with nearby local dining and shopping options. Most Publix grocery stores will offer a good wine selection.

If you are flying in late and are not interested in downtown check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.) with a nearby strip mall within walking distance offering grocery, drug, and liquor stores plus dining and fast food options.

....If you are flying in late and are not interested in downtown check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.) with a nearby strip mall within walking distance offering grocery, drug, and liquor stores plus dining and fast food options.

We have stayed several times pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Across the street or within a block is a Publix, a CVA pharmacy, Burger King, Cuban restaurant, etc.

The hotel has a decent free breakfast and you can sign up for a shuttle to the port at $10 per person. Shuttle service has been fast and dependable for us.