Hotel FLL or Miami /SHUTTLE

dramaqueenjan

This will be my first time sailing out of Florida. We are flying to Fort Lauderdale Landing late 2 nights pre cruise.. Should we stay the night in Fort Lauderdale and shuttle in the morning to Miami or stay in Miami? Looking for recommendations on hotels in both as we will also be staying one night post Cruise. Also looking for recommendation for shuttle service both ways thank you. I would like to be near the beach but I'm not into the real fancy high $$ if possible.Thank you.:evilsmile::D

This will be my first time sailing out of Florida. We are flying to Fort Lauderdale Landing late 2 nights pre cruise.. Should we stay the night in Fort Lauderdale and shuttle in the morning to Miami or stay in Miami? Looking for recommendations on hotels in both as we will also be staying one night post Cruise. Also looking for recommendation for shuttle service both ways thank you. I would like to be near the beach but I'm not into the real fancy high $$ if possible.Thank you.:evilsmile::D

We stayed last January at the Homewood Suites in Downtown/Brickell Miami, and it was a very nice, clean, fairly new (built 2014), hotel with complimentary breakfast. Shuttle to port was provided for a nominal fee (most hotels charge a fee for shuttle to port). We also fly into FLL, and booked with Super Shuttle to get from FLL to hotel in Miami. You can easily Uber over to beach when you want to go. OR... you can stay in South Beach. We did that in January 2017, and stayed at the Marlin. It is one short block over from the beach on Collins Ave. it was a remodeled Art Deco Hotel. Very small rooms, but very well appointed, and this locale will really give you the Miami/South Beach vibe. We had a great time there, but it was just the hubby and me. When we traveled last January we had family with us, so that is why the Homewood Suites was best. As for transportation to South Beach, Super Shuttle and SAS Shuttle only go as far as Downtown Miami hotels, so we booked through Viator and it was a GoAirport shared shuttle into South Beach. Both shuttles cost us about $30pp. A lot of people just Uber. Not sure on that price. As for after cruise, we took a cruise line excursion in 2017 that ended at our airport, but for 2018 cruise, we just booked the cruise line shuttle to FLL. I think you mentioned an additional day in Miami post cruise, so just taxi or Uber back over. The Homewood Suites is not far from port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Flying in late I would choose to stay in the FLL area pre-cruise. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. ;)

In addition to Uber and Lyft (about $35+ for the car each way) you can use one of the shared shuttle services (SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, etc.) to get from FLL and area hotels to POM for about $15 per person.

If you choose to stay in the FLL area pre-cruise, then stay in Miami or Miami Beach post cruise - any good hotel will hold your bags while you explore and grab some lunch. There are a couple of hop-on/off bus tours that give you a good overview of both cities.

Good luck! :)

Since both pre and post you really only have one full day I would say it does not matter much if you stay in Lauderdale pre/post or Miami pre/post just chose what makes sense and you can stay in either for the 2/1 nights. But do stay in both. If you would only stay in one I would pick Miami/Miami Beach especially if you don't plan on having a rental car.

As for shuttles. Forget about them. They are worthless other than airport shuttles. If it is just two people use Uber/Lyft. Same price as a shuttle, easier, comfortable and quicker. Hotels in the Downtown Miami/Brickella area (great place to stay in Miami not beach front but right in the middle of the city) are very very close to the port.

Maybe go to Miami pre-cruise, as it is close to the port then go to Lauderdale post cruise as it is close to FLL.