The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Got an e-mail from the Doubletree late Saturday night that due to damage from wind and rain they would be closed for about a month, and since we are scheduled to be there in 3 weeks, we will need to stay some place else. They did offer to relocate us at the same rate at the Hilton, but in reading reviews on TripAdvisor I think we have decided to stay at the Courtyard Marriott. Do you have any information about this hotel or the area in which is it located? Thanks.

Got an e-mail from the Doubletree late Saturday night that due to damage from wind and rain they would be closed for about a month, and since we are scheduled to be there in 3 weeks, we will need to stay some place else. They did offer to relocate us at the same rate at the Hilton, but in reading reviews on TripAdvisor I think we have decided to stay at the Courtyard Marriott. Do you have any information about this hotel or the area in which is it located? Thanks.

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop a note to Stefanie who will assure you with again any questions. The courtyard is very nice surround with numberous huge trees.

Nice place.

here is Stefanie's email address

stefanie.mattia@courtyardcb.com

Not sure if I asked this before if I have sorry:o but we are staying at the Radisson near the port and want to get a 6 pack of beer and a bottle of champagne for the cruise(were on disney) is there a place to get it within walking distance?

Thank you

RacTrac is right next door to the Radisson or you can contact Jose or Steve at cocoa Beach taxi that offer "pay what you want" - http://www.cocoabeachtaxi.com where they explain even further - nice deal OR you can go to search and take our local bus - you can do a search and find that info also or click just above my name and it will give you a great deal of information

good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Shirley

Are you aware of any other hotels (Comfort Suites?) that sustained damage?

Hello Clay - I went riding around after the storm and didn't see any serious damage in fact most of all the hotels were packed full - a lot of fallen trees, electrical wire etc but know that the Doubletree is thisclose to the ocean and the waves were about 20 ft high or so and I do know that the water was extremely high so I can see where they got damaged - i do know there were a lot of baby turtles being rescued in that area so nope that is the only hotel that I am aware of including Comfort Suites Inn. They are too far from the ocean.

Hope this helps

Edited by snelsonbrown

It most certainly does! I had visions of arriving on Friday at 9pm to find out our hotel was boarded up. Thanks again for all you do. If you are out and about on Friday night, stop by Siam Orchid and I will buy you a drink or dessert!

I LOVE LOVE SIAM ORCHID - tell Art you are a friend of Shirley and Norm -Norm and I may just meet you there but if we don't make it, ask them to give you a treat of the crab salad that is awesome ok?

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RacTrac is right next door to the Radisson or you can contact Jose or Steve at cocoa Beach taxi that offer "pay what you want" - http://www.cocoabeachtaxi.com where they explain even further - nice deal OR you can go to search and take our local bus - you can do a search and find that info also or click just above my name and it will give you a great deal of information

good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Thanks will probable just hit the RacTrac champagne isn't the important mainly just want some yuengling for the ship:)

I forgot to ask if anyone has had any experience with Travelynx? Thanks again.

I used them for my Mariner of the Seas cruise a few years ago and had no problems. Also have booked them again for my Freedom of the Seas cruise in December. Cost is $25 per person each way and they do charge your credit card at the time of booking.

Ahoy!

FYI:

Off-site parking: Park N Cruise is outdoor parking - - not covered parking.

Not sure if that makes a difference to anyone, but my softie garage-housed car might :( weep!

Shirley

Wanted to let you know that the GM at Country Inn and Suites listed on your info post is no longer there.

I emailed him today after FINALLY getting priceline to free up a couple of rooms (only saved about $10/room over our rate at Comfort Inn and Suites but our traveling companions prefer interior hallways). Since you had one email addy and their website had another, I emailed them both requesting a king room if available. Didn't hear from either of them but did almost immediately get an email back from Sean Esposito. He said he started as GM FOUR days ago! He did say he had been there for two years though.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help!

Shirley

Wanted to let you know that the GM at Country Inn and Suites listed on your info post is no longer there.

I emailed him today after FINALLY getting priceline to free up a couple of rooms (only saved about $10/room over our rate at Comfort Inn and Suites but our traveling companions prefer interior hallways). Since you had one email addy and their website had another, I emailed them both requesting a king room if available. Didn't hear from either of them but did almost immediately get an email back from Sean Esposito. He said he started as GM FOUR days ago! He did say he had been there for two years though.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help!

Hello Clay - I have not had a chance to update the information on the post for about a year now but somewhere in here, I had posted the new manager's name and in fact stopped by to meet him - I am so deeply sorry that you had the issues you had - if you have another issue, just do a quick post and I will help - I am assuming that they have changed the GM again so i will stop by and meet the new GM ok?

You are right, I remember now reading about a change....but since at the time I wasn't staying there, I didn't pay it any mind. Anyway, You NEVER have any reason to say sorry on this board. The time and help you provide to so many trumps it all.....plus I Didn't have any issues. I was impressed by how quickly the new GM got back to me.....of course mentioning your name probably helped!

The new guy seemed nice though he couldn't help with getting us into a king bed....we are in a kid's themed room....should be a hoot!

Shirley

Thanks for the great recommendation on Siam Orchid. All six of us enjoyed our meals. Off to sleep in a now moving bed for the last time for a week...thought tomorrow would never come:D

Have a wonderful time to you and the family - I love the Sun's decoration on her - the sun brings out the good in us :D - have fun, stay safe and glad you enjoyed the Siam Orchid - Norm and I were at Roberto's eating our second favorite food :D

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are cruising on FOS in July 2012 with 4 adults, 4 kids ages 6-10. Thinking we will stay in Cocoa Beach the night before to hit the beach with the kids. Please recommend the best hotel (price not a concern) that has a shuttle serivce to the appropriate port. Also, if staying in Cape Canaveral is the better choice, where to stay there? Than kyou for the input!

We just decided to fly instead of driving to PC for our February 2012 cruise but don't have airline tickets bought yet. I've been researching transportation from MCO airport-to-Port Canaveral transportation...can anyone give me a rough idea of what you have paid for transportation for 2 people? We are thinking of calling Executive VIP Limousine, based on CC reviews, but I'd like to have a ballpark figure in my head before I call him. How far ahead would you suggest that we make our transportation reservations? Thanks!