Celebrations on Board

CruizCuz

We will be sailing on the Elation in January, 2018. We are excited, as we sailed on her in August (before refurb) and now (post refurb). Jaxport is our port of choice, regardless of destination, because my parents don't want to drive anywhere. We live in Jax. My parents will be celebrating their 59th wedding anniversary while on this cruise. I looked to see what vow renewals cost :o, and it's not something our little party of 6 is able to pay. Are there any other suggestions for what we can do to make this cruise special? Their room will be decorated and we will bring champagne/wine. Thank you for any and all suggestions.

We will be sailing on the Elation in January, 2018. We are excited, as we sailed on her in August (before refurb) and now (post refurb). Jaxport is our port of choice, regardless of destination, because my parents don't want to drive anywhere. We live in Jax. My parents will be celebrating their 59th wedding anniversary while on this cruise. I looked to see what vow renewals cost :o, and it's not something our little party of 6 is able to pay. Are there any other suggestions for what we can do to make this cruise special? Their room will be decorated and we will bring champagne/wine. Thank you for any and all suggestions.

How lucky you are to live so close to a Carnival cruise port! It sounds like you've already discovered Carnival Fun Shop decorations. You can always tell your serving staff onboard about your parents' special celebration, and see what they might be able to do to help you celebrate. It isn't uncommon to receive a song and sweet treat when you do. Cherry on Top onboard shop may also be able to offer some smaller less costly items to help you celebrate.

Hope you enjoy your cruise with your family.

While a captain-led vow renewal might be nice, you could provide the cake and champagne and encourage your parents to reminisce about their years together and to re-pledge themselves for the decades to come. There is, of course, no legal status that goes with a vow renewal, so it can easily be a do-it-yourself thing.

The waitstaff will have a special dessert and sing the happy versary song for them, it's fun!

In the online check in be sure to put that they are celebrating an anniversary

Where do you put that my parents are celebrating their anniversary? I've always checked everyone in, but don't remember seeing a space for that information. Thank you ALL for the suggestions! They all sound lovely!

While a captain-led vow renewal might be nice, you could provide the cake and champagne and encourage your parents to reminisce about their years together and to re-pledge themselves for the decades to come. There is, of course, no legal status that goes with a vow renewal, so it can easily be a do-it-yourself thing.

We did something similar to what this poster mentioned. We brought our own fake flowers (can't bring real) aboard and some music to play. On the first day we wandered the ship and found a really nice quiet spot at the very front of the ship and held a do-it-yourself ceremony on the formal night. A family member guided it along saying a few words about the couple and their time together and then let the couple say their vows and then the family member closed the ceremony with a champagne toast. It actually turned out better than what the ship offered since we were able to pick the location, time and all of that on our own. A few people wandering around steered clear when they saw what was going on and a few watched from a distance and said congratulations when it was over. The only cost to us was a cake we ordered to be delivered at dinner! So if vow renewal is really what you want, you can definitely do it without a carnival officer to officiate! It's fun and will make for some great memories!

Re: adding it to the reservation

My Cruise Manager > Cruise Details > My Guests > Click Modify under their names > Anniversary.

Congrats to them on so many happy years!

It won't let me do it. I get all the way to "My Guests", but there is no modify to click on. I see where it says "special occasion" and under their names it says "none". I guess I could contact our TA?

It won't let me do it. I get all the way to "My Guests", but there is no modify to click on. I see where it says "special occasion" and under their names it says "none". I guess I could contact our TA?

I've always booked direct. So, maybe? It would look like this (hopefully I attached this correctly)

795025797_cruisemanager.PNG.ff676cdf2be747dd53c31b966d1c5d44.PNG