Club Class Cash Tips

railman

We disimbark in two days from an 11day cruise and have Club Class for the first time. We have been served by three waters and two assistants all of which have been efficient and friendly. We usually give some extra cash on our cruises, and was wondering if anyone who has experienced Club Class in the past have any suggestions?

They all seem to work together.

We did a 5 day cruise on the crown with CC dining. We had the same waiter every night so it was much easier. We gave him a additional cash tip of $50 and his primary assistant $30. Loved Club Class dining.

First, I trust that your automatic gratuities are in place and you are talking about "extra" tips. If so, I'd calculate how much extra you want to give and divide it among the people that served you. Another idea would be to give it to the head server with instructions to divide it among the team, but that would be a larger team than the 5 you are specifically referring to. I've heard stories on Princess about needing to place it in an envelope with your name and cabin number; envelopes are available at passenger services. However, I've seen plenty of cash handed out. If your question is how much extra to tip, that's a totally personal matter. With three of us in a suite, I'd already tipped more than $450 thru the autogratuity program. I'm not sure how that money is divided, but I trust that the people actually serving us got a decent chunk of it. Thus, I did not tip a whole lot extra. We had 3 main people in Sabatini's and 5 in club class...that adds up fast.

We found the same concept in Club Class--it was largely a team effort. Each server and assistant were assigned to specific tables, but there was a lot of overlap when some were more busy than others so no guest ever went without appropriate service.

Edited by moki'smommy

We had the same issue on a British Isles/Transatlantic trip last fall. We spoke to the CC head waiter several nights before the end of the cruise and asked if he had any ideas. He said that we could give him an envelope with whatever amount we were comfortable with and he would see that it was split among the CC staff who had served us. He had been very attentive throughout the cruise, so we also gave him a separate envelope for his special service.

We had the same issue on a British Isles/Transatlantic trip last fall. We spoke to the CC head waiter several nights before the end of the cruise and asked if he had any ideas. He said that we could give him an envelope with whatever amount we were comfortable with and he would see that it was split among the CC staff who had served us. He had been very attentive throughout the cruise, so we also gave him a separate envelope for his special service.

I spoke to the CC head waiter tonight and I will do the same as you tomorrow night which is the last night of the cruise. Thank you for answering!

We do the same as above in CC Dining! :)

I heard there are comment cards, and if you give someone a glowing review in a comment card, that goes a long way. They can get recognition and possibly even something monetary from their managers. Tipping extra $$ is great, but IMHO it would be quite thoughtful to go the comment route too.

I heard there are comment cards, and if you give someone a glowing review in a comment card, that goes a long way. They can get recognition and possibly even something monetary from their managers. Tipping extra $$ is great, but IMHO it would be quite thoughtful to go the comment route too.

Totally true. You can get comment cards at passenger services if they aren't in your cabin.