Really, MSC??

DCLCrazy

I heard about the status matching promotion with this cruise line. I applied like they asked, including all documentation. I never heard back from them. I called them today and felt like it was an office, not a reservation line. I was put on hold and transferred four different times. I finally gave up and hung up the phone on the fourth transfer. If they’re looking for business from the American market, this is not the way to do it. Yuck! Get it together, MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, i had a great experience, I applied for status match on saturday and had a reply within 2 hours, all completed and updated invoice including 5% discount for seaside sailing next year. This was MSC Uk though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

She expressed discomfort with "multiple languages" being spoken aboard in another thread. Assuming she's being honest, I suspect the problem lies in the fact that MSC offers a much more European experience than many insular Americans are used to. All of her complaints point in that direction.

This is not a reason to pour scorn on MSC, this only highlights this particular cruisers prejudices.

Possible good reasons: Bad food (Subjective), Bad service, Ship sinks.

Not good reasons: Thinking English is the only language that should be spoken on board.

This is not a reason to pour scorn on MSC, this only highlights this particular cruisers prejudices.

Possible good reasons: Bad food (Subjective), Bad service, Ship sinks.

Not good reasons: Thinking English is the only language that should be spoken on board.

I agree. I think her complaints are probably baseless.

She expressed discomfort with "multiple languages" being spoken aboard in another thread. Assuming she's being honest, I suspect the problem lies in the fact that MSC offers a much more European experience than many insular Americans are used to. All of her complaints point in that direction.

I’m not sure if the “she” you’re referring to is me (the OP), but that wasn’t me. I’ve never set foot on an MSC cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Consider yourself lucky. run as far away from MSC as you can. this is the worst run cruiseline in the world. just off Divina, and to say it is the Spirit Air of the cruise world is an insult to spirit. they have no business marketing to Americans. they might get them once, but not a second time. run to any other cruise line. the staff is leaving the ships in droves. they claim they don't see any of the tips. there could be 2 reasons for this. 1) MSC is holding back from them. 2) people opted out of tips because of the poorest service ever.

Completely fabricated lies

I am taking my first cruise with them in January, but I was unable to find the status match option on the MSC Mexico site.

Do you think I will have a problem if I do it on the US site? They did ask me for my address on my booking (I live in Mexico so I gave that one) and for status match in the US site, they ask for a US address (I have my sister´s who lives in MO) but I don´t know if they will say a thing about giving two addresses...

The Status Match offer has inundated the small staff (who deals with status issues). Consider that the offer stands and its worth it for most folks. Based on our own experience we suggest filling out (and submitting the online form). If you don't hear anything in 2 weeks, do it again (and keep track of dates). Then if you still do not hear anything in a few days simply call and ask to be transferred to the staff who works on the Status Match program (we got to a very helpful lady) Before you go off trashing MSC for the offer, consider that its free and a pretty decent perk.

In the US market, MSC is still a very small player, but growing fast. They have an additional 10 ships on order (or option) and these are all large modern vessels. In time, we suspect that are going to be a very big player in the US market. I have cruised on 14 other lines over the years, and none of them had (or has) what I call great customer service.

Hank

I am taking my first cruise with them in January, but I was unable to find the status match option on the MSC Mexico site.

Do you think I will have a problem if I do it on the US site? They did ask me for my address on my booking (I live in Mexico so I gave that one) and for status match in the US site, they ask for a US address (I have my sister´s who lives in MO) but I don´t know if they will say a thing about giving two addresses...

Your membership will indicate your address when you log in, so it may cause a problem if you try to use 2 different addresses.

Your membership will indicate your address when you log in, so it may cause a problem if you try to use 2 different addresses.

Thank you. I just did it, guess I´ll just wait and see. Worst thing that could happen they won´t match my status I guess. But well, I could have 2 houses. We will see.