MSC Yacht Club and Premium Drink Package

marcoigna

good day all;

for anyone that might know this answer:

when travelling in the Yacht Club you now have included premium drinks throughout the ship - so here is my question:

one of the features when you "buy" the premium drink package is that they offer 30% discount to champagnes and wines from their wine list - do u think that with the Yacht Club inclusive package that this discount would be extended to buy Wine or Champagne from their list (if we want something nicer to enjoy)

I am looking at booking the Yacht Club however the TA has told me it doesn't included the premium drinks package, only select premium drinks in the Yacht Club....?

Your TA is ill-informed. The included premium drinks package for YC guests was introduced in April last.

Your TA is ill-informed. The included premium drinks package for YC guests was introduced in April last.

It gets so frustrating when getting different information from different websites :o So your experience was premium drinks from all bars on the ship or just the Yacht Club bar? Does it make a difference which ship/route you are on?

I can't even find this information on MSC website... did you find this out on your cruise?

It gets so frustrating when getting different information from different websites :o So your experience was premium drinks from all bars on the ship or just the Yacht Club bar? Does it make a difference which ship/route you are on?

I can't even find this information on MSC website... did you find this out on your cruise?

It's for all YC guests, irrespective of ship or route. We had the premium drinks package included on our cruise last June when in YC on Meraviglia. There was a discussion on the forum around the time of the introduction.

Bea has first hand experience with this. If you have stumbled across any price lists online, there will be drinks mentioned that have zero asterisks next to them. These are the drinks that are covered by the basic package. There are additional drinks with one asterisk, which are the premium drinks. These drinks are covered all over the ship for those guests staying in the YC. There are also some drinks with two asterisks, which are super premium drinks and they are NOT covered by any of the packages, nor for those that are staying in the YC. It can be a bit confusing, but as of the first of April, the benefits of staying in the YC were expanded to include drinks ship wide and not just in the YC enclave.

Bea has first hand experience with this. If you have stumbled across any price lists online, there will be drinks mentioned that have zero asterisks next to them. These are the drinks that are covered by the basic package. There are additional drinks with one asterisk, which are the premium drinks. These drinks are covered all over the ship for those guests staying in the YC. There are also some drinks with two asterisks, which are super premium drinks and they are NOT covered by any of the packages, nor for those that are staying in the YC. It can be a bit confusing, but as of the first of April, the benefits of staying in the YC were expanded to include drinks ship wide and not just in the YC enclave.

Thank you. I get different responses from different TAs. So basically if I book the YC I should have the all inclusive premium drinks package then. Msc stated I should look at the UK drinks package if I live in the UK... However I'm booking through a US TA so I'm thinking that shouldn't be any different whether I book YC in UK, US or other side of the world!.. :rolleyes:

What is true? So the agents I'm dealing with can't sell it me....? They know I'm uk resident....

It's against MSC policy and MSC have the right to invalidate your tickets and refuse you permission to board should they discover that you didn't book in your designated market.

It's against MSC policy and MSC have the right to invalidate your tickets and refuse you permission to board should they discover that you didn't book in your designated market.

Where does it say that? Have you had experience of this? I've messaged msc and told them and they don't have a problem and the TA websites direct me to global pricing for quotes....

well i suppose it is a risk you will have to take if you do not book with the correct MSC office - personally i would not want to have that stress over me until i sail - below is a script from MSC cruises, USA office, under their terms and conditions online -

For all new bookings made beginning Sunday, May 1, 2016, for all future sailings, our new deposit requirements are:

• Cruises 14 nights or less are $200 per adult or $400 per stateroom minimum

• Cruises 15 nights or longer $300 per adult or $600 per stateroom minimum

Children 17 and under sailing as the 3rd/4th guest in a stateroom do not require an additional deposit.

Cruise prices listed are U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, cruise-only, capacity controlled and valid for residents of the U.S. and Canada. Single occupancy rates are available upon request, and are capacity controlled.

so, if u want - take ur chances - enjoy the stress - (all for a few dollars) - personally not worth it.....

Cruise prices listed are U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, cruise-only, capacity controlled and valid for residents of the U.S. and Canada. Single occupancy rates are available upon request, and are capacity controlled.

so, if u want - take ur chances - enjoy the stress - (all for a few dollars) - personally not worth it.....

I totally agree!

We in Ireland have to book through the UK MSC office (when booking directly) but we still cannot avail of Sterling prices and sales. If MSC had no problem with the jurisdiction you're booking from, then I would be able to access the UK offers. Each jurisdiction gets different offers/sales at different times and on different itineraries; I reckon this is a policy of MSC's to guide the demographic onboard.

well i suppose it is a risk you will have to take if you do not book with the correct MSC office - personally i would not want to have that stress over me until i sail - below is a script from MSC cruises, USA office, under their terms and conditions online -

For all new bookings made beginning Sunday, May 1, 2016, for all future sailings, our new deposit requirements are:

• Cruises 14 nights or less are $200 per adult or $400 per stateroom minimum

• Cruises 15 nights or longer $300 per adult or $600 per stateroom minimum

Children 17 and under sailing as the 3rd/4th guest in a stateroom do not require an additional deposit.

Yes but that's booking with MSC direct ...not a US TA... I have checked with them and they state they 'recommend' booking with your country's TA...did not say 'you cannot do this'

Also, it's not a few dollars..... it's a fair few hundred!

I have never, ever heard of one case where someone booking a cruise from another country has been denied boarding. This is across all cruise lines and includes discussions with many of my TA colleagues.

Sure they want to make it difficult, but deny a passenger boarding over their choice of TA-no way. Many countries would have consumer laws to protect against this anyway.

I have never, ever heard of one case where someone booking a cruise from another country has been denied boarding. This is across all cruise lines and includes discussions with many of my TA colleagues.

Sure they want to make it difficult, but deny a passenger boarding over their choice of TA-no way. Many countries would have consumer laws to protect against this anyway.

Makes sense... and also are they going to ask who you booked the cruise with at the port? I have booked RCI through a US TA before and had no problems....:)

Yes but that's booking with MSC direct ...not a US TA... I have checked with them and they state they 'recommend' booking with your country's TA...did not say 'you cannot do this'

Also, it's not a few dollars..... it's a fair few hundred!

when u are booking with a Travel Agent in the U.S., the same MSC terms and conditions apply - a Travel Agent does not have a different set of Terms and Conditions from MSC - they are all the same - ....

when u are booking with a Travel Agent in the U.S., the same MSC terms and conditions apply - a Travel Agent does not have a different set of Terms and Conditions from MSC - they are all the same - ....

Maybe but if I've checked with msc and they haven't said I can't do it then what's the issue....

• 10 months later...