Waitlist “unseen” pricing???

the4laws

Hi everyone!

Question for ya! We are wanting to go on a Carnival cruise leaving out of Tampa on 3/10. They did not have a room for 4 people, so we are waitlisted and paid a deposit. I’ve checked back couple times each day to see if a room has come available but the only thing they have is 2 separate rooms for 2 guests each. These would be fine, but they “aren’t” able to disclose or see the discounted/sale rate until I book it. Anyone ever encounter this? I feel like this is a ploy to get me just to book. Are they really able to tell me the cheaper price??

Hi everyone!

Question for ya! We are wanting to go on a Carnival cruise leaving out of Tampa on 3/10. They did not have a room for 4 people, so we are waitlisted and paid a deposit. I’ve checked back couple times each day to see if a room has come available but the only thing they have is 2 separate rooms for 2 guests each. These would be fine, but they “aren’t” able to disclose or see the discounted/sale rate until I book it. Anyone ever encounter this? I feel like this is a ploy to get me just to book. Are they really able to tell me the cheaper price??

Did you try mock booking it on the Carnival website ...... or are you trying to do this over the phone with a rep or someone else?

Are you using an online TA? That kind of “won’t show me price” thing doesn’t happen on Carnival’s site.

Didn’t check suites, but there are only 3 interiors available on the Riviera deck right now. If you want two of them (which happen to be near each other!) you better act fast.

With whom did you make your waitlist deposit? I’d get them on the phone fast to turn your 1 four-person waitlist into 2 two-person confirmations.

Good luck. I have fond memories of the Miracle (my first).

Ok, I know this is NOT for March 10th, but looking for comparison, the same cruise on April 7 has 2 cabins with 2 people each (Deck 5 next to each other) for $2639 + Tax, Port fees and gratuites compared to 1 cabin for 4 (Deck 4) for $1919 + T, PF and G.

When I try to do a mock booking for 2 cabins for 2 each, it comes back as $3100 for the March 10th cruise and they are picking your cabins. Most likely because there are very few cabins left and not close together. Better hurry and book or you will find that your ship has sailed.

Edited by HawkIVette

I paid the deposit through Carnival and they said they aren’t able to tell me the price of a room until one becomes available because of the “waitlist discount”; needless to say anyone recommend a GREAT travel agent??

I paid the deposit through Carnival and they said they aren’t able to tell me the price of a room until one becomes available because of the “waitlist discount”; needless to say anyone recommend a GREAT travel agent??

If you’re on a waitlist for a four-person cabin, you may not get one.

They can’t tell you the price of s 4-person cabin until one comes available.

I’d suggest cancelling the waitlist reservation and snag two 2-person inside cabins (unless you want two suites).

Discussion of specific travel agents is not permitted in this forum.

Good luck.

Hi everyone!

Unless you live in FL or a close southern state.... you also need to consider airfare. You may find your options into Tampa decreasing....but Orlando is just an hour a way as a alternative. Alot a loose ends still!!