New--- Essentials Post-Departure Travel Protection $25 pp

Something fun!

So I don't typically buy travel insurance because I don't have health issues and only make travel reservations with money that I can afford to lose if an extreme emergency happened.

This new offer is pretty cheap and has a decent chunk of coverage for medical/evacuation. My Blue Cross plan supposedly works when out of the country, however I am considering buying for added protection in case of a freak accident or medical event.

What are your thoughts on this new offer?

So I don't typically buy travel insurance because I don't have health issues and only make travel reservations with money that I can afford to lose if an extreme emergency happened.

This new offer is pretty cheap and has a decent chunk of coverage for medical/evacuation. My Blue Cross plan supposedly works when out of the country, however I am considering buying for added protection in case of a freak accident or medical event.

Who sells this?

Also, why not post more info about this on the CC travel insurance sub-forum?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

There might be others who already know about it, and there will no doubt be others who would like to!

Thanks.

GC

Understand what you are buying. In post #5 on this link, I pose questions for you to ask yourself. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2675975

There are a dozen+ threads on this, here's one of them -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562558&highlight=Insurance+protection

It provide basic no-frills, limited "essential" protection with partial covearge - is the best way to describe what NCL is offering this ... instead of fully "self-insured". It is considered inadequate by many, but better than zero benefits and paying in full yourself for any & all expenses and losses, etc. One of my BIL's household that cruise regularly on NCL, sailing from homeport, would select this as cheap coverage - it is not advisable for many, most, et. al. $25 p/p or $50 for 2 of them for their typical 7 nights cruise, less than playing a bingo game on the ship.