Book a cabin for 3 when there are 2?

reader135

Last minute booking- need 2 cabins but the only ones next to one another are for 3 people each. It shows as bookable when I have 3 people in the room but not bookable when there are 2 people. (We have 5 in our party). If I call would I be allowed to book the 3 person room with 2 people in it? This is for a November cruise, so past final payment date, if that makes a difference. Thanks for any suggestions. I think we are going to end up with 2 cabins down the hall from one another but I thought I'd at least ask.

Not sure exactly what might be going on with the booking you are attempting. If you mean cabins that are marked "+ 3rd berth is a single sofabed" on the deck plans, then I can tell you we have been able to book a sheltered balcony cabin on QM2 with that designation for only two people in the past. In fact, we currently have a sheltered balcony like that booked for only two people for next year as well.

Edited by bluemarble

Thanks, that helps. Yes, it's a cabin that would normally accommodate 3, showing availability if I say I have 3 people in my party, but not showing availability if i have 2 people (seems like it would be the reverse). I'll give them a call tomorrow.

If cabin availability is down to not many left Cunard are likely going to be trying to conserve the three berth cabins as much as they can. They will probably let five of you book two three berth cabins next to each other if available but beware the free upgrade which might be thrust upon the two persons in that three berth cabin! No upgrades needs to be stated when you book in my opinion. Phone Cunard direct is best as previously mentioned.

Regards John