prepaid gratuities

Norcal Cruiser

My TA just informed us instead of prepaid gratuities we will get additional OBC. Whats up with that? This cruise is next month.

My TA always includes a footnote with the perks. Something to the effect of "amenities/perks may be delivered as on board credit". I have never had this happen, but at least they disclose it is a possibility. I have no idea why they might want to do that. My TA is a big online agency that seems to do a lot of business with Celebrity and RCI. A lot of business.

We often book directly with Celebrity never had an issue. We booked with a TA this time because it was a good deal on a great stateroom.Paid in full in Dec. Now I am supposed to contact Celebrity about changing OBC back to prepaid gratuities? Not my job this time I think . I will call the TA on Monday. This is a big time TA that advertises on this site.

We often book directly with Celebrity never had an issue. We booked with a TA this time because it was a good deal on a great stateroom.Paid in full in Dec. Now I am supposed to contact Celebrity about changing OBC back to prepaid gratuities? Not my job this time I think . I will call the TA on Monday. This is a big time TA that advertises on this site.
Before you call, first compare the amount of the OBC to the cost of the gratuities to see which would be more advantageous for you.

If you come out ahead with the OBC (as is often the case), be grateful and leave it alone.

Only call to complain if the OBC is less than the cost of the gratuities.

If they are the same, it really makes no difference.

Before you call, first compare the amount of the OBC to the cost of the gratuities to see which would be more advantageous for you.

If you come out ahead with the OBC (as is often the case), be grateful and leave it alone.

Only call to complain if the OBC is less than the cost of the gratuities.

If they are the same, it really makes no difference.

like !

It will all work out. You get additional OBC equivalent to the gratuities. We had that in the past. Does your TA starts with the letter "C"? I think I'm not suppose to mention the agency name.

Also, if "C" say a specialty dining free, you actually get it in the form of a generous amount of OBC as well which I much prefer and I can buy a purse instead!

Edited by lisalovlee33

My TA just informed us instead of prepaid gratuities we will get additional OBC. Whats up with that? This cruise is next month.

This would be the same thing as long as the OBC was at least equal to the gratuities for the cruise. The gratuities will be charged against your account and offset the OBC.