I have my room assignment :)

MicheleCda

10 days out and I have been assigned my cabin (Odyssey). Upgraded to a V6 - I had booked a guarantee veranda. Deck 7, although I would have been fine remaining on deck 5 too. With a port/day and on my own, I won't be in my room much anyway :).

Marg: I haven't sent in your referral coupon yet - forgot about it until now!! I'm assuming that I can just do this on the ship.

10 days out and I have been assigned my cabin (Odyssey). Upgraded to a V6 - I had booked a guarantee veranda. Deck 7, although I would have been fine remaining on deck 5 too. With a port/day and on my own, I won't be in my room much anyway :).

Marg: I haven't sent in your referral coupon yet - forgot about it until now!! I'm assuming that I can just do this on the ship.

I don't think you can do it on the ship. If you send it by mail to Seabourn at the address on the coupon asap you should get your credit. Don't risk just taking it with you!!

Have a great cruise.

Margaret

Thanks Ailmarsh and Zorro! I'm really looking forward to this vacation - it's really needed!

The OBC has been dealt with - with email correspondence with Seabourn and the coupon couriered. So all is good. I'm have it ear-marked for the spa :). It will help cut down the bill!

Now it's packing...I hate the job almost as much as I hate unpacking, ha, ha. I've come to the conclusion that I simply have TOO many clothes though! I must clean out closets when I'm home and reduce the choices!!

And I'm assuming that Seabourn will press clothes (press only; they don't need to be drycleaned)?

Now it's packing...I hate the job almost as much as I hate unpacking, ha, ha. I've come to the conclusion that I simply have TOO many clothes though! I must clean out closets when I'm home and reduce the choices!!

And I'm assuming that Seabourn will press clothes (press only; they don't need to be drycleaned)?

Yes they have sameday pressing service and if you are a Diamond Member it is complimentary as well.;)

Marg - I have it in hand and will courier it today. I also emailed them.

And now I'm in a PH - I received another upgrade offer yesterday ($1,010 - seemed worth it to me :)). Deck 9. Too good to pass up!

Congratulations on what appears to be a great series of upgrades and up sells. We can only hope and wish we do as well with our cruise. We didn't book a guarantee but instead booked a specific V category cabin so I don't know, having never cruised with Seabourn before, if that's an issue or limitation or not. We have no delusions about getting moved or offered, for instance, an Owners Suite but certainly would look favorably on a Penthouse Suite offer. Should say that we're perfectly happy with the mid-range V category cabin we did book so our expectations are low.

We just got upgraded to a V6 category as well, however the room is next to the stairs. I wonder if this is a noisy location?

It's not that noisy. It just has a bit of a sewage drip from above. But with the sea water coming in from the cracks in the window, it all kind of evens out.

Randy,

If you booked a particular suite you are not likely to be automatically upgraded. As you near your cruise date Seabourn may however approach you with a good deal on a paid upgrade.

Thanks. I know over on the HAL board people frequently try to figure out the sometimes eccentric upgrade and up sell HAL offers and the consensus is more or less is there is no consistency. We've never booked a guarantee and in a dozen plus cruises have never been upgraded and only offered one up sell. Of course we typically book the higher categories so that makes sense. Our Seabourn PCC more or less explained what might happen, without saying it would happen, but I kind of took his rosy outlook with a grain of salt.

Archived