Embassy Suite near Newark Airport

Jcol5786

Hello,

We are looking forward to cruising on Anthem for 8 nights next February. We will be driving in from Ontario and are considering a park and cruise package at the Embassy Suite located in Elizabeth NJ, near Newark airport. We normally park at the cruise terminal when in Florida however at $160 for the 8 days we can have a nice room at this hotel which includes managers reception (free alcohol and snacks) and breakfast the following morning for $187. Seems like this might be a better option. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so where you satisfied with the shuttle service to and from the port? Any info about the shuttle times would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

We are looking forward to cruising on Anthem for 8 nights next February. We will be driving in from Ontario and are considering a park and cruise package at the Embassy Suite located in Elizabeth NJ, near Newark airport. We normally park at the cruise terminal when in Florida however at $160 for the 8 days we can have a nice room at this hotel which includes managers reception (free alcohol and snacks) and breakfast the following morning for $187. Seems like this might be a better option. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so where you satisfied with the shuttle service to and from the port? Any info about the shuttle times would be appreciated.

Thanks

That's a great deal. Embassy Suites is usually much more expensive. Folks have paid a lot more for this package and been very satisfied.

Don't get too excited about the Managers reception. NJ liquor laws don't allow them to give more than one free drink. However, I believe additional drinks are reasonably priced. Perhaps someone will post details about their experience.

My advice is to book it now.

That's a great deal. Embassy Suites is usually much more expensive. Folks have paid a lot more for this package and been very satisfied.

Don't get too excited about the Managers reception. NJ liquor laws don't allow them to give more than one free drink. However, I believe additional drinks are reasonably priced. Perhaps someone will post details about their experience.

My advice is to book it now.

You get 2 drink coupons per person at this ES. More house drinks are available.for $2.00 each IIRC. They DO have a full bar so you can order better drinks at a higher cost.

We have.weird liquor laws in NJ so that's why you only get 2 for free.

Sign up for the shuttle at check in. I didn't use it but I think it's hourly at 10, 11, etc.

Nice hotel,.friendly staff.

When we were there in September last year, you only got one drink free each (don't know if its changed). As said, additional drinks were $2 each, so I just gave the bartender $5 bill for 2 drinks...he was happy! I was talking to the guy who runs the shuttles (its independant of the hotel) and they start about 10am in the morning with about 6 16 seat minibuses. They do the Country Inn across the road too. Basically they keep round tripping until everyone is done. When we did it, it was $20pp each way. Book up for it when you check in...no need to pre book. There is an iHop and Ruby Tuesdays almost next door, but if you want, the ES does have an evening restaurant service which we had once and was fine and actually very reasonably priced for a hotel. Be careful if you arrive before 3pm...they tried (and succeeded!) in stinging us for a $50 'early check in'. When I checked out the receptionist said she had told us; I said she hadn't...etc. In the end, I couldn't be bothered about $50 on a 4 week holiday!! Have fun.

Simon

We stayed at the Embassy Suites earlier this year. We were driving, so I can't speak to the shuttle service, but it's a very nice hotel and we'd stay there again.

However, as posted above, don't get excited about that "afternoon reception." The food put out (chips, salsa, that sort of thing) was really gross looking, like a bad buffet that had been out far too long. No way were we going to touch that stuff.