Tatoo Parlors in Ketchikan?

dk1

I'm thinking about getting a new tattoo while in Ketchikan on Sun 9/11. I'll be on the CCL Spirit and we'll only be docked there in the morning hours, leaving port at about 1pm. Is this possible?

DK

Why would you travel thousands of miles from home on your vacation to see Alaska then spend all of your time in port getting something you could have done at home? Enjoy your vacation and then get this done when you return home would be my suggestion.

Penny is correct. I have a couple tats already, would like something from AK in the AK fashion. The date is also important for most Americans, esp if you knew anyone in those towers. I did.

Timing may not be good, and if that's the case so be it. It appears that Alaska Ink has a good rep, and since I'm still in America I don't believe it would be like stepping into some nasty 3rd world Tat shop. I'm not a germaphobe, but have a little bit of common sense left!

Anyone have any experience with Alaska Ink, or maybe one in Skagway?

dk

Oh yea, and I'm not looking for anyone's opinion about how I should spend my time and money. Just looking for a clean reliable Tat shop in the inside passage where I have the time to sit. Sorry, that just sticks in my side like a thorn and wreaks of elitism. I'm just saying.

dk

Alaska has a lot of laws about CLEAN. Remember that many of the early pioneers were from Norway, Sweden, Denmark and other tidy places in Northern Europe as well as from Scotland and England.

I would visit bulletin boards and message boards that have to do with tatoos for particular data.

I would also telephone (free on most cell phone plans) and talk to the artists to see if you 'click' with anyone in particular.

Edited by PennyAgain

I haven't noticed any tattoo parlors in Skagway. You have to know it's got a year-round population of 800, so there's really not going to be the market.

Juneau has a couple of places downtown and from all the tats I see on the young around here, they do a rip-roaring business.

Oh yea, and I'm not looking for anyone's opinion about how I should spend my time and money. Just looking for a clean reliable Tat shop in the inside passage where I have the time to sit. Sorry, that just sticks in my side like a thorn and wreaks of elitism. I'm just saying.

Actually, people do this all the time, regardless of the request. If it's anything out of the norm, you'll get this 'advice.' Don't cha know you're supposed to be spending your time and money on helicopter rides?

Thank you Tea & Penny. As time gets closer I will be checking in closer. Depending on the weather I might try it in Juneau. DW is taking a separate excursion. My current plans are to have lunch on Mt Roberts and wander. It's really a free day for me and we'll see how it goes. If it's meant to be it'll happen, at least that's how I treat tat's.

As far as the advise, yea I know it's the norm. It just stuck in my craw this morning. The above is mild compared to what I didn't post. I've also been in helicopters for the job (cop) and dodged bald eagles as well! It's a good thing they know the rules of the road!

Peace

dk

i used to have a campaign against anyone that considered the red dawg a destination while in juneau. i still feel the same way but now would rather give them better options than tell them they're wasting their time/money.

did my five week bi-annual italian sabatical this spring. only went to one museum/archeological site and the only church i went to was the one where i ate lunch in their garden.

it's my money, it's my vacation.

Edited by bottom-dragger

Thank you Tea & Penny. As time gets closer I will be checking in closer. Depending on the weather I might try it in Juneau. DW is taking a separate excursion. My current plans are to have lunch on Mt Roberts and wander. It's really a free day for me and we'll see how it goes. If it's meant to be it'll happen, at least that's how I treat tat's.

As far as the advise, yea I know it's the norm. It just stuck in my craw this morning. The above is mild compared to what I didn't post. I've also been in helicopters for the job (cop) and dodged bald eagles as well! It's a good thing they know the rules of the road!

Peace

dk

I don't pay to fly either, but fly plenty. My vacation ideas suit me fine.

I have a bone to pick about the Mt Roberts tram. If you can't see the top from the bottom, don't buy a tram ticket as you won't have a view.

For lunch I prefer Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau where you get a very good lunch for a fair price (athough I am allergic to crab I do recommend Tracy's).

As for tats, I have a scar from an accident that really bugs me. Reminds me of rehab, however it is starting to look like a dragon. I'm thinking.... well, you know what I'm thinking. An old woman with a tatoo is MUCH more interesting than an old woman with a bad scar.

Enjoy your vacation.

Edited by PennyAgain

I'm sorry if I upset you DK, I just made a suggestion as to what "I" considered a waste of time "I" thought could be better spent. You obviously have a different opinion. As you didn''t mention that this tattoo would commemorate 9/11 I attached no significance to the date other than that was the day you would be in Ketchican. As I'm not into tattos I also wrongly assumed that one done in Ketchican was no different than one done in Chicago, Dallas or Miami.

Whatever you decide to do enjoy Alaska, there is tons of neat stuff to see and do.

I'm sorry if I upset you DK... Apology accepted.

For lunch I prefer Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau ... options are nice! TY

starting to look like a dragon I'm very fond of dragons!

five week bi-annual italian sabatical Nice!

can't see the top from the bottom so my research tells me as well. Open days are nice and we'll see what happens!

one done in Ketchican was no different than one done in Chicago, Dallas or Miami.

As permanent body art, Tat's usually have reasons and meaning to the beholder.

Thanks & Peace.

dk

• 6 years later...
I'm thinking about getting a new tattoo while in Ketchikan on Sun 9/11. I'll be on the CCL Spirit and we'll only be docked there in the morning hours, leaving port at about 1pm. Is this possible?

DK

I do know that this post is from a long time ago.... but I've just started checking out Alaska Ink.

did you end up going there?

If so, any yay or nay about it?

Sorry didn't realize someone replied to a 6 year old post bringing it to the top...

I'm sorry - I couldn't figure out how to send a message directly to the OP, so I was hoping that quoting the post would get their attention to answer. Didn't mean to cause confusion.

The OP is not a frequent poster, but he did post today on the Carnival Paradise roll call for Nov. 11, 2017. EM

Thank you - I'll see about posting something over there if I don't hear back, maybe tomorrow.

I appreciate the help!

I'm sorry - I couldn't figure out how to send a message directly to the OP, so I was hoping that quoting the post would get their attention to answer. Didn't mean to cause confusion.

No worries, my comment wasn't relevant & you can't "undo" a comment...:rolleyes: