Cruising the Med in Easter holiday

cornflake girl

Can anyone tell me whether, historically, P&O choose to cruise Greece in the Easter holiday? I know that Oceana did this year and will do next year but just wondering if there’s a chance they’ll go elsewhere in 2020.

Also, has anyone been on Oceana during the Easter holiday? Is it insane with children? We do have a child but don’t like other people’s children! Ha. Really enjoyed our Croatia/Italy cruise this year the week after the holiday but our son will be at school in 2020.

Can anyone tell me whether, historically, P&O choose to cruise Greece in the Easter holiday? I know that Oceana did this year and will do next year but just wondering if there’s a chance they’ll go elsewhere in 2020.

Also, has anyone been on Oceana during the Easter holiday? Is it insane with children? We do have a child but don’t like other people’s children! Ha. Really enjoyed our Croatia/Italy cruise this year the week after the holiday but our son will be at school in 2020.

As the cruising from Malta is fairly new there is no history as such. So until the brochure comes out you will know as much as anyone else

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Easter school holidays are all over the place and this will affect how many children are on board.

Some schools have first two weeks of April, regardless of when Easter falls, some have Easter as middle of two weeks, some finish on the Thursday and have two weeks after Easter Monday and some have three weeks!

We were on Oceana's repositioning cruise this year from the UK to Malta, which was over the Easter holiday, but it wasn't overrun with children, although there were quite a few around. I really didn't notice them that much, except occasionally in the pool, where they were just having fun. We were caught up in the Mistral most of the time, so it was extremely chilly until we were far enough south after Civi.

I think Oceana is repositioning from Dubai to Malta next spring, so that should be warm all the way...I haven't seen the itineraries for 2020,

• 3 weeks later...

We were on Oceana (our favourite of the three P&O ships we've been on having also sailed on Britannia and Ventura) for the Easter 2018 cruise. Weather was not bad (once past Bay of Biscay). Saw plenty of kids on board, but other than taking over the main swimming pools they did not have much of an impact. Oceana has a little adults pool at the back for cooling off away from the kid melee.

We have done Oceana twice now in the Easter holidays. It is generally much quieter than it is in the August holidays, though there are some children - depending on when most areas are on holiday!

We have had 2 fabulous cruises on her that time of the year, with great weather and calm seas. Would highly recommend it :-)