Caribbean Princess.....Just back

MISTER 67

We had a very, very difficult trip on the caribbean princess this last february and every time I tried to post about it here, CruiseCritic would delete the thread. it was a disaster in the panama canal.

and for all our trouble we got $150 cruise credit per person.

We will not be sailing on the Caribbean princess until they fix her mechanical issues that caused problems in several of the ports that caused us to miss excursions.

The staff, the food, and the decor, as well as our room were our usual happy standards, but when a ship's mechanical problems interfere with a trip, that's a serious issue.

You would think PCL would concentrate on getting propulsion problem fixed instead of messing with the albatross ***** rollout. I will not sail on that ship.

We had a very, very difficult trip on the caribbean princess this last february and every time I tried to post about it here, CruiseCritic would delete the thread. it was a disaster in the panama canal.

We will not be sailing on the Caribbean princess until they fix her mechanical issues that caused problems in several of the ports that caused us to miss excursions.

The staff, the food, and the decor, as well as our room were our usual happy standards, but when a ship's mechanical problems interfere with a trip, that's a serious issue.

That's good to know since we couldn't care less about the ports & excursions.

We do enjoy sailing & food so to us that's the most important thing.

We witnessed it on the Crown in March: lots of men in shorts and some in flip flops on nights other than formal night. No one ever turned away.

Nice to hear that we'll be having a laid back relaxing time eating dinner in the evening. I do like to wear my shorts at times.

I was on that same trip, you are correct, Princess should be ashamed of that ship, limping along, we too missed our private tours never, never again sail on a ship with an engine not working! It wont be fixed until the end of 2019! Beware other cruisers, dont sail on the Caribbean!

I was on that same trip, you are correct, Princess should be ashamed of that ship, limping along, we too missed our private tours never, never again sail on a ship with an engine not working! It wont be fixed until the end of 2019! Beware other cruisers, dont sail on the Caribbean!

While it's true that some places had abbreviated times in ports what would you have Princess do under the circumstances?

Didn't you receive some OBC for your trouble?

They had a choice to take the ship out of service or leave it as is & provide a limited experience.

While it's true that some places had abbreviated times in ports what would you have Princess do under the circumstances?

Didn't you receive some OBC for your trouble?

They had a choice to take the ship out of service or leave it as is & provide a limited experience.

I booked it before they notified passengers that there was a problem with the trip. They knew that the engine problem was an issue and needed another drydock to fix it, but they still advertized the trip with no issues and I booked and used private non-refundable air to take this trip. Yes $75 credit is not a great benifit considering that ports were cancelled and the stay at the port was only for a few hours and not the complete day as adevertized. Take the ship out of service, fix it, if not then change the advertizing on their site that reduced the number of ports!

That's good to know since we couldn't care less about the ports & excursions.

We do enjoy sailing & food so to us that's the most important thing.

The food on our CB cruise last month was overall just OK to disappointing. I didn't go hungry, but it was a huge letdown from our March cruise on the Regal.

I booked it before they notified passengers that there was a problem with the trip. They knew that the engine problem was an issue and needed another drydock to fix it, but they still advertized the trip with no issues and I booked and used private non-refundable air to take this trip. Yes $75 credit is not a great benifit considering that ports were cancelled and the stay at the port was only for a few hours and not the complete day as adevertized. Take the ship out of service, fix it, if not then change the advertizing on their site that reduced the number of ports!

There still sailing & eliminating ports as well as reducing the time in some ports.

Nothing has changed as I see it, but of course people have the opportunity not to book, so it's no surprise.

The food on our CB cruise last month was overall just OK to disappointing. I didn't go hungry, but it was a huge letdown from our March cruise on the Regal.

Any Princess ship after eating on the Regal would be a disappointment for me.