Vista Wok-JJ Asian question

villagenut

I understand that during lunch the Asian restaurant becomes the Wok and also during lunch has no extra charges. When we were on the Dream and the Wok was located in lido buffet area, it was always extremely crowded. I was wondering if moving the location on Vista has eased the crowds any. Also, does anyone know if the wok is open on embarkation day? I read somewhere that indicated it was only open on sea days.

Thanks

We ate at The Wok on embarkation day and there was no wait and no real crowd. The Wok is different on the vista as you don’t go down the line picking what you want. They send a waiter/waitress to your table to collect the menu choices that are on small pieces of paper. It was great.

We also did JiJis as a paid dinner also and it was fabulous. I highly recommend it!

I understand that during lunch the Asian restaurant becomes the Wok and also during lunch has no extra charges. When we were on the Dream and the Wok was located in lido buffet area, it was always extremely crowded. I was wondering if moving the location on Vista has eased the crowds any. Also, does anyone know if the wok is open on embarkation day? I read somewhere that indicated it was only open on sea days.

Thanks

Wok and JiJis is crowded in a different way. The venue is located up a set of stairs on the second floor.

We always encountered lines because everyone had to wait for tables to vacate and to be seated.

Wok and JiJis is crowded in a different way. The venue is located up a set of stairs on the second floor.

We always encountered lines because everyone had to wait for tables to vacate and to be seated.

See, I've had the opposite. I've spent 20+ days cruising with JiJis as an option and am hard pressed to remember many lines.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

See, I've had the opposite. I've spent 20+ days cruising with JiJis as an option and am hard pressed to remember many lines.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We were on Vista TA.

JiJi's was only open for dinner and required reservations.

The stir-fry at JiJi's venue at lunchtime was first come-first served, hence the lines.

The earlier in a cruise that you go to a food venue, the less crowded it seems. As the week progresses, more cruisers hear about the different food venues or find them on their own.

This goes for any lunch venue like the wok at JiJi's, the Italian joint, outdoor BBQ or the BBQ above the buffet on Conquest class ships. Guy's is the exception, the longest line there is usually the first day!.