Transportation from Ft Lauderdale Port to/from Ft. Lauderdale Airport

TEGL

We will be flying into FLL the night before our cruise and looking for the best transportation ideas. We have been to this port twice in the past but I can not for the life of me remember what I booked. I thought I found a hotel that did a shuttle to the port but for whatever reason seem to be having difficulty find that this time around. I found one hotel that offered it at $10/pp - but that seemed a little high for going all of a few miles. My husband said we took a taxi the last time ... but I know we didnt do that.

Looking for the best, and cheapest, ways to get to get from the hotel to the port and then from the port to the airport. Traveling with 3 people.

I would also recommend Uber or a cab. There is no flat rate between Port Everglades (pier) and FLL (airport) - the taxi rate is metered, and about $13 -15 plus tip for up to 4 people. I know Uber is less than that but we have never used it there.

Shuttles of any kind (hotel, private) charge per person and are never cheaper than a cab or Uber.

Have a great vacation. :)

Thanks guys, we will go with an Uber. Last year we went out of Galveston and the port would not allow any Uber/Lift or such to go in/out so I didn't even think of that this time around.

My only question - do I need a car seat if we use an Uber because we are not going to be traveling with one? I know with shuttles or buses you dont but not sure what the rules are about Uber.

Earlier this we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. We took the hotel shuttle from the airport and Lyft from the hotel to the ship. There is a security check as you enter the port, so make sure your passports are available for review. We had a clean, air conditioned van that cost $14 for 4 persons including tip. We waited 10 minutes for the car after I placed my request. Uber or Lyft seem to be the best option from hotel to ship.

Thanks guys, we will go with an Uber. Last year we went out of Galveston and the port would not allow any Uber/Lift or such to go in/out so I didn't even think of that this time around.

My only question - do I need a car seat if we use an Uber because we are not going to be traveling with one? I know with shuttles or buses you dont but not sure what the rules are about Uber.

Yes, you'll need a car/booster seat for your kiddo and bringing your own is the smart move - the only way to ensure that the seat fits and has been properly maintained. According to FLA law, the parent is responsible (not the Uber/taxi driver) and you need the seat/booster for any vehicle equipped with seat belts (so no seat required if you use the cruise transfer bus).

The airline will check the seat/booster for your for free if you choose not to use it on the flight. Amazon, Target and others sell travel booster seats that don't take up much room.

Check the Family board for suggestions from others who travelled with little ones and car seats.