Favourite Maitres

Emdee

My favourites would be Miki and Ivan both of whom are no longer on the PG, alas.

I had Franco a couple of times both on the PG and on the Navigator. Wasn't that fond of him ....felt he was a bit snooty could just have been his manner.

Unfortunately Arnold is retired as well. That leaves Cesar and Elmo of the old guard.

Motu who are the current Maitres on the PG and what did you think of the Etoile chef?

I loved Franco. Yes, I was intimidated by him the first time on the PG, which was our first-ever cruise. But we got beyond that facade fast and when we saw him in the Diamond he was friendly and affable.

But Arnold's special, for sure. Too bad he's gone now, glad to know he's retired. What a funny guy--we first met him on Voyager I think, but last saw him on the PG in 2008.

Elmo is great.

I admit I never warmed up to Ivan. Part of that was he was on in 2005 and participated in a disastrous dining experience in La Veranda, when we were relegated to a buffet for the evening while a large corporate group took over L'Etoile. Let's just say it was a debacle, although it ended with us getting a huge credit for our next cruise, lol.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

My favourites would be Miki and Ivan both of whom are no longer on the PG, alas.

I had Franco a couple of times both on the PG and on the Navigator. Wasn't that fond of him ....felt he was a bit snooty could just have been his manner.

Unfortunately Arnold is retired as well. That leaves Cesar and Elmo of the old guard.

Motu who are the current Maitres on the PG and what did you think of the Etoile chef?

Miki and Ivan are also favorites of ours and like you, we are sorry that they are no longer on board. Maybe you are referring to senior members of staff when you speak of the 'old guard' because there are a lot of staff that have been around for 8-10 years. I am not sure what it says about me that I know the bar staff best followed by the wait staff?

I like Mark Bishop (the PG Exec chef) a lot.

Regarding the Maitres, I do remember liking the new gentleman a lot, I just don't remember his name at the moment (I am in the middle of preparing for a class that starts in about 20 minutes). If I can recall (or ask my child bride who still has a few more brain cells) I will post this evening.

I think that almost all of the staff and crew are GREAT and no one member can really be great without their fellow crew members doing their jobs.

I think that the stewards/housekeepers who keep our cabins so organized and clean are the ones who deserve a shout out for their great contribution to making our PG experience so wonderful and that's what keeps US coming back to the ship.