Breakfast in stateroom? Newbie questions ...

05mak05

We've booked on the Legend in May. We've been on lots of cruises - RCI, Princess, Celebrity but only one other Carnival cruise. Is a hot breakfast available through room service? Does the Legend have laundry facilities? Are we allowed to bring Cokes or wine aboard? Any and all tips are appreciated. Thanks ...

My very first cruise was on RCCL's Freedom. Had a HOT breakfast, eggs, sausage, bacon brought to my room every morning. I don't like cereal.

My second cruise is on Carnival's Dream and heard they do not do hot room service breakfast. So disappointing. I'll love the cruise anyway but was really looking forward to breakfast out on the balcony (my first balcony room). Now have to get dressed and go up 3-4 decks just to get what I want to bring back to my room if I have to have it this way. Might get cold by then as well. :(

Like I said, not a deal breaker, just could have been better.

I order a BLT from room service - but I usually like to take my meals in either the MDR or Lido as I cruise to meet people and people watch. You can take on soda/juice/water (12 per person in carryon only). Also allowed 1 bottle of 750 wine per person over 21 also on in carry on. You can also buy more soda/juice/water in ports and carry on.

It's pretty much been covered here, but usually I am the early riser that makes the food run to bring a tray of hot food back to the cabin. To me, it is preferable to the cold breakfast. We love our breakfast on the balcony, or at the very least, coffee as we sail into port.

You cannot get a hot breakfast through room service, but they do offer different kinds of cereal, juice, milk, coffee, toast, croissants (sp?), bagels, and fruit. We don't order it because we are too lazy to go to the MDR or buffet, we do it because we like the option on some days.:D

One of my very favorite things to do on any cruise is order room service breakfast and eat it on my balcony. Heavenly!!

We just got off the 8-night Carnival Freedom cruise recently and every morning I ordered room service breakfast to be delivered early in the morning. I always got a croissant with butter and guava jelly, an order of smoked salmon with cream cheese and capers, a fruit plate, tomato juice and coffee.

Then after enjoying that, I spend an hour or so reading my kindle on the balcony, take a shower, etc.

Then my husband and I will go up to the buffet for our "second breakfast" around 10:00 or so, and I'll have bacon and eggs and fruit. :)

The best of both worlds. :)

It doesn't bother me that Carnival doesn't offer hot foods on their room service breakfast menu. If I really wanted hot foods early, I could always go up to the buffet and get something. Cover the plate with another plate and it would stay warm.

You want hot breakfest on the balcony, its called (do your own thing dining) (DYOTD). Takes about 10 min/ order coffee from RS and pick up DYOTD and have a good time on the balcony. Carnival has never had hot breakfest from RS. No big deal for us. We only do the DYOTD 1 or 2 morns.

This thing about bringing breakfast back from the Lido deck buffet might be a problem anymore as I've been reading that they have dispensed with the trays. So that's gonna be a problem.

However, someone posted a real good tip the other day and that was to have ordered something from room service and keep the tray and those metal covers.

Then go on up using that tray. I know if I did that for my wife I'd want a tip when I got back to the cabin.:)

My very favorite time of the morning is a hot delicious breakfast on the balcony with a cup of coffee on RCI. I had read that Princess now offers a McMuffin on the room service breakfast menu and I hoped that Carnival had done the same thing. I can't eat sugary stuff in the morning. Oh, well, I'll survive but do enjoy being spoiled.

I order a BLT from room service - but I usually like to take my meals in either the MDR or Lido as I cruise to meet people and people watch. You can take on soda/juice/water (12 per person in carryon only). Also allowed 1 bottle of 750 wine per person over 21 also on in carry on. You can also buy more soda/juice/water in ports and carry on.

How long in the mornings after ordering a BLT is it delivered to your room? That sounds pretty good. I wonder if they'd add some scrambled eggs :-) ???

Now have to get dressed and go up 3-4 decks just to get what I want to bring back to my room if I have to have it this way. Might get cold by then as well. :(

There are solutions to this problem.

1) Don't bother getting dressed. Just throw the Carnival provided robe on, and put a hat or bandana on your head (I prefer bandana... but I don't usually put a robe on, I just run up in my PJs.) Ignore the threads on cruise critic after your cruise that say "is it rude to go out in public in your robe?"

2) Get a stateroom on the Lido deck. No "go up 3-4 decks" problem.

That said- I've managed to get breakfast all the way back to the RIVERIA! deck without it getting cold.

There are solutions to this problem.

1) Don't bother getting dressed. Just throw the Carnival provided robe on, and put a hat or bandana on your head (I prefer bandana... but I don't usually put a robe on, I just run up in my PJs.) Ignore the threads on cruise critic after your cruise that say "is it rude to go out in public in your robe?"

2) Get a stateroom on the Lido deck. No "go up 3-4 decks" problem.

That said- I've managed to get breakfast all the way back to the RIVERIA! deck without it getting cold.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

I don't think it will be that big of a deal to go and get it. Just would be nicer to have it brought to me is all. I'll be fine and have a great time regardless.

Archived