Think Pink

PattyG12

Good Monday Morning everyone!! I have a question about boas. I've noticed a "Pink Boa Society" and I've noticed "Pink Boa Cruisers" ... When I cruise, I always wave something during sail away. Lately it's been a really nice Pink Boa that I got. I always have smaller ones that I give to kids that are around during Sail Away. Am I part of some elite Society or am I just a plain old Cruiser?

Inquiring minds want to know.

OK, I get that but my real question is WHY?

Pink Boa Society is trademarked and Pink Boa Cruisers is not. Pink Boa Cruisers can make banners, t shirts, magnets, etc...anything they want to share or show on a cruise......and these items do not have to get "approved" by the trademark holder before you make it or have it made.

Well thank you for your kind answer. So I guess I'm a Pink Boa Cruiser, since I'm not asking any permission. I learn so much every day when I'm on the CC Boards. No secret society for this old girl!!

So is this something like the RedHats?

So is this something like the RedHats?

No, both groups are about cruising and have nothing to do with Red Hat Society. We talk on the CC threads and want to be able to meet and recognize each other on the ships. The pink boa makes us visible to each other as we get on the ship and at different venues on the ship.

Lots of the guys in Pink Boa Cruisers also wear pink hats...They have started calling themselves The Pink Fedora Cruisers..they were feeling a little left out from being able to be recognized. The pink hats help them to stand out.

We always wear our boas and hats on embarcation, the Meet and Mingle party, and on formal nights. We have also worn them to Quest, 70's party, sexy legs contest, and whatever or where ever we feel we want to be able to meet up with other CC friends we have met and chatted with.

Here is another place we like to wear them......on the live webcams that catch all the ships leaving out of Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and now Key West! Here is our view from the ship and below are two links of screen shots that were captured by our friends and family at home. Love the sail away waves on the webcams. They do a great job of capturing these beautiful ships and it's passengers.

297157_10151282537306189_222141505_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/603904_270294516406245_868977218_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/148137_270294479739582_393257735_n.jpg

We've cruised and been caught on the web cams several times. I guess this is why I'm wondering. Have I broken some unspoken rule by wearing a pink boa, vs. purple beads.

No you can wear whatever you want and wave whatever you want for the webcams. Lots of people put up banners. I like the pink boas....especially the 180 gram boas, because they are big and bright and it is easy for the cam guys to find us on those big ships so they can zoom in on us. Purple beads would be a little harder to find as a wave on the cam.

This is me wearing my boa at a M&M last year..... it helps to get me recognised on board by other roll call members. Proud to be a Pink Boa Cruiser.

Pinkboa.jpg

Having seen Helen Mirren's latest hair do I wish I'd gone pink!!

Me too, and I love making new friends! (I love your new hair color by the way!)

This sounds like fun, but, I would rather have a purple boa! What fun giving them to little kids - you are so kind and thoughtful! That is a great first souvenier for the kids. I just read a review of the Norwegian Epic - 2 sisters brought along a horse head mask to wear on their balcony when other ships were in port with them - they had some hysterical pictures!

Two thoughts - I didn't know Howie Mandel was a pink boa and I like how you pinkies are being photobombed by Baby Blue! :D

This sounds like fun, but, I would rather have a purple boa! What fun giving them to little kids - you are so kind and thoughtful! That is a great first souvenier for the kids.

I think maybe the purple will have to get started Maureen!! I have always had fun and it's so much fun to see the little girls wearing pink boas around the ship!!

Two thoughts - I didn't know Howie Mandel was a pink boa and I like how you pinkies are being photobombed by Baby Blue! :D

Baby Blue is from Chili and his daughter is in the picture with her boa on. They were so much fun. He didn't know any English, and his daughter only knew a little. The CC thread and the boas and hats brought us together and we spent quite a bit of time with them on the ship. He was a riot!!

This sounds like fun, but, I would rather have a purple boa! What fun giving them to little kids - you are so kind and thoughtful! That is a great first souvenier for the kids. I just read a review of the Norwegian Epic - 2 sisters brought along a horse head mask to wear on their balcony when other ships were in port with them - they had some hysterical pictures!

Ohh you have me at purple! Purple boas please!

No you can wear whatever you want and wave whatever you want for the webcams. Lots of people put up banners. I like the pink boas....especially the 180 gram boas, because they are big and bright and it is easy for the cam guys to find us on those big ships so they can zoom in on us. Purple beads would be a little harder to find as a wave on the cam.

Waving to the webcam so friends and family can see you is a fun sail away thing to do. Always get noticed in a pink boa. Webcam guys love us :)

603904_270294516406245_868977218_n.jpg

I think that the Pink Boa Society has it's roots back to the maiden voyage of Freedom of the Seas, where as the Pink Boa Cruisers was an off shoot of the original.

Yes this is true;)

OK, so if that's true, why? What difference would it make?

There is really no difference, we like to cruise and welcome anyone that wants to join us and we like to make friends and have fun:cool:

Archived