Newbie - 3 Random Questions

spart02

Hello! I am new to Norwegian cruises and have only done Disney cruises in the past. I'm looking forward to learning all about Norwegian in the next 473 before my trip! hehe! I have three questions so far:

1. At the top of the forums, there is "Norwegian Star" listed. I click on that in every browser imaginable and it always comes up with an error. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or how I can get to just Star-related forums?

2. On the Disney ships, they have what they call Wave Phones. They are cell phones that you use while on the ship to communicate with other family members. Do the Norwegian ships have anything similar, and if not, how do you best communicate with everyone in your party? I will be traveling with members in another cabin, as well as two teenagers that will want to be on their own quite a bit.

3. What kids of activities do they do in the kids club for 8 year olds? I'm looking for something more specific than what's listed on their official website. Do they have a lot of arts and crafts available at all times, or is that pretty limited? What does your 8 year old do most of the time they are in the kids program?

Thanks so much for helping a newbie! I greatly appreciate it!

Hello! I am new to Norwegian cruises and have only done Disney cruises in the past. I'm looking forward to learning all about Norwegian in the next 473 before my trip! hehe! I have three questions so far:

1. At the top of the forums, there is "Norwegian Star" listed. I click on that in every browser imaginable and it always comes up with an error. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or how I can get to just Star-related forums?

2. On the Disney ships, they have what they call Wave Phones. They are cell phones that you use while on the ship to communicate with other family members. Do the Norwegian ships have anything similar, and if not, how do you best communicate with everyone in your party? I will be traveling with members in another cabin, as well as two teenagers that will want to be on their own quite a bit.

3. What kids of activities do they do in the kids club for 8 year olds? I'm looking for something more specific than what's listed on their official website. Do they have a lot of arts and crafts available at all times, or is that pretty limited? What does your 8 year old do most of the time they are in the kids program?

Thanks so much for helping a newbie! I greatly appreciate it!

1. That link works for me... it produced a subset of posts just about Norwegian Star... You can also use the search function and search for Star in this forum

2. On some ships, there is an app for your smartphone called iConcierge that you can download that will allow you calls and texts between other passengers with the app for a flat fee of $7.95 (app is free... the communication is what you get for the $7.95) This has been implemented on Star. You can also go low tech and use post-it notes on cabin door :)

3. Can't really comment on the kids program as ours are all grown and we don't travel with young ones anymore.

Edited by cliffd64

Hmmm. Tried several of the ship links at random, none seem to work on my iPad using safari although I know they have worked in the past. The other links such as find your roll call do. But having lots of trouble with the CC website lately. Pages don't want to load, and keep getting some "data base error" message. Not sure if it's me or CC.

Edited by punkincc

Thanks everyone for your input. I've tried it in Firefox, Explorer and Chrome. No luck on any so far, but my first day logging in, it worked for a little bit for me. I just can't figure it out!

Anyone else have answers to my questions? I would love your input! Also, are the doors magnetic so we could put up a dry erase board on each of our doors?

Thanks everyone for your input. I've tried it in Firefox, Explorer and Chrome. No luck on any so far, but my first day logging in, it worked for a little bit for me. I just can't figure it out!

Anyone else have answers to my questions? I would love your input! Also, are the doors magnetic so we could put up a dry erase board on each of our doors?

If you go to the Family Forum on CC you can get answers to your question about the Kids Club activities.

The cabin doors are magnetic. But if you put a dry erase board you can expect all kinds of strange messages on it from wise guys who pass by. Also some wise guy might erase or alter messages already there. We've had that problem so we leave cabin phone messages from ship phones, even though you have to go to cabin to check messages.

• 4 months later...

We had a portable phone in our suite but there was an boy ONE. It really wasn't that great.

I am excited to have the iConcierge access on this our next cruise! I think it will be great and for a one time (per device) fee of $8 I like that we will be able to text as much as we want. I think it includes calls too, but I haven't looked at it in a long time. I prefer the text option better anyway - far less disturbing to others around you! The last thing I want to hear on a cruise is someone talking on their cell phone when I'm trying to relax, watch a show, eat a meal etc. I had iConcierge all set up for our last cruise and was disappointed that the Dawn did not have that available.