Celebrity Infinity C2 guarantee room

tkere

I'm booked on a Panama Canal Cruise in Oct 19 with a C2 guarantee stateroom. Does that mean I could get C2, C1 or C3 staterooms? Is there a chance I won't find out the stateroom until boarding or if the ship sells out could I get the stateroom assigned ahead of time? Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm booked on a Panama Canal Cruise in Oct 19 with a C2 guarantee stateroom. Does that mean I could get C2, C1 or C3 staterooms? Is there a chance I won't find out the stateroom until boarding or if the ship sells out could I get the stateroom assigned ahead of time? Does anyone have experience with this?

A C2 guarantee guarantees you a C2 or above stateroom, not a C3. Depending on inventory, you may get an assignment at any time, and sometimes a couple days before the cruise. If you are assigned ahead of time, and another stateroom in that category becomes available, you can switch without cost. It's really a crap shoot. Sometimes this far you can get your TA to call and attempt to get an assignment. I did one time and got my assignment, then I didn't like the location so I switched to another in that same category.

A C2 guarantee guarantees you a C2 or above stateroom, not a C3. Depending on inventory, you may get an assignment at any time, and sometimes a couple days before the cruise. If you are assigned ahead of time, and another stateroom in that category becomes available, you can switch without cost. It's really a crap shoot. Sometimes this far you can get your TA to call and attempt to get an assignment. I did one time and got my assignment, then I didn't like the location so I switched to another in that same category.

Thanks! I don't see any available C1 or C2 staterooms on this cruise listed. I guess I will wait and see.

Thanks! I don't see any available C1 or C2 staterooms on this cruise listed. I guess I will wait and see.

They separate certain cabins, there are also blocked cabins that are released when the final payment arrives.

They probably have some in the background or awaiting those that take an upsell from concierge to aqua class / suite categories.

Every time I've booked a guarantee with Celebrity, though, it has been assigned within the day of booking (which has been after final payment).

Be sure to check your 'My Celebrity' page ... they may assign you to a room at any time.

They probably have some in the background or awaiting those that take an upsell from concierge to aqua class / suite categories.

Every time I've booked a guarantee with Celebrity, though, it has been assigned within the day of booking (which has been after final payment).

Be sure to check your 'My Celebrity' page ... they may assign you to a room at any time.

Good advice. Celebrity won't tell you when they assign a GTY stateroom. You have to keep checking. Right after final payment you will probably get your assignment. That's my guess as travel agents will be turning in their unsold inventory. If you don't like what they give you, keep checking as inventory opens all the time. Lots of people upgrade after final payment as Celebrity will drop the prices to fill the inventory. Lots of people cancel for whatever reason.

Ok this all makes sense! Thank you all for the information. I have never gone with a guarantee room before. I am with a crochet group of over 100, so we will be all over the ship.