Live from the navigator baltic cruise review

Well the sun is shining here in Southampton as we sit on board, getting ready for our Baltic adventure. Check in was really smooth, photos taken for embarking. Tip for those with less able passengers, make the use of the offer of help from the port side staff. They are amazing at Southampton. This cruise doesn’t appear full at all, seats in windjammers easy to find. Rooms opened at 13:00, however not all rooms were ready. Be aware that bags have not all been delivered to rooms, found ours outside four other rooms the length of deck 8. Nowhere near the aft end where we are. The usual constant trying to sell the drinks packages. Spa packages not to bad $149 for 75 minutes. 40% off dining package on board offers today. Ship is looking a little tired and in need of some tlc. With the sun shining as it is you could be mistaken for being in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean, it’s that warm.c02e5bf0a295458453cb40093f3c73c7.jpg

More prices and prices lists and menus as the adventure unfolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks jary8. Sailing on her in July so I am interested in all things Navigator, plus a Baltic cruise is next on my wish list.

Please can you tell me how much they are selling the Deluxe drinks packages for and also interested in the Surf & Stream. We didn't get the all inclusive when booking because we got a good deal on cruise only price.

Envious that the ship is quiet - I like the idea of sailing on a ship with less folk on it but somehow I don't think that is going to happen for us in the first week of school holidays.

Have a great cruise!

Looking forward to hearing how the weather is--trying to figure out how to pack for the same cruise about a month from now. Would love to see any menus and compasses you can post! Did you come down from London, if so how long was the drive? Did you use RCI transfer? Thanks for posting as you go!

Looking forward to hearing how the weather is--trying to figure out how to pack for the same cruise about a month from now. Would love to see any menus and compasses you can post! Did you come down from London, if so how long was the drive? Did you use RCI transfer? Thanks for posting as you go!

Day One compasses for the ship, just left Southampton.

f995e456328b1ba0ab92ac4a9139f9ac.jpg8c0fa38880fb0ce6ca16e93e73a455bb.jpgeb1f8a965d8f99f03818a97b94614bd2.jpg974625f2279128153610c87428f51b9a.jpg

Well we have set sail now, just passed the Britannia and the Queen Mary 2.

Point to note for future guests, the spa raffle clashed with the sail away, also only two prizes of $250, and a talk about feet. As soon as the raffle finished it was a mass exodus. It would be better to do this at 17:00 so people might actually stay and listen. I will try and answer questions as they come in, but some make take me a while to find out, but I will reply. Off for a drink now in the concierge lounge. More about making dining rooms with the menus later today.

Thanks for this great post. We get on as you get off on the 15th June. Can't wait! May the sunny weather stay with you for the full 12 days.

Have a fab time and enjoy every minute.

Looking forward to your subsequent posts.

Well everyone it’s time for bed, but first a bedtime story.

When dining now you don’t have the line of waiters at the door to show you to your table, you are given a basic direction and work it out yourself, gone are the bread being served to you, it’s help yourself out of the basket on the table. Menu well that is new, photo to come. Service not as quick as it was previously, there appears to be a lack of staff waiting on. The concierge lounge was really full tonight, Patricia in the lounge is really helpful.

When checking your lights all work, if you have a round knob next to the light switch that is a dimmer light that you need to push and turn. Also, if water not warm, call maintenance and they will come and drain the shower and hey presto as if by magic warm water [emoji97] [emoji16].

Deals on booze for duty free are currently 2 for £40.

I have photographed the menu and the sun set over the cinema tonight which was showing a Thor movie. Very windy on top but don’t forget you can always scan out a blanket and snuggle up with someone to keep warm. ee97360b5c4f69f8db002cb8a9c29ca6.jpg2bf947b3c58b67712669e3830c43d41e.jpg6ca47dcf713e36a3a968ec2358322bcc.jpg

Now for those who don’t want to main dine, there is the ever present constant reminder that they have several dining packages available. At dinner we were told at least five times by different staff, not forgetting just in case we had forgotten, the several times we were told while trying to get some sun rays by the pool. bb15ff5a2955d7a8fdd9dfacb1f7e5db.jpg2f34a339312db93ec17c41fa218f67b3.jpg

One thing is for sure, there is a distinct change in the attire in board, lots of jeans in the dining room, a variety of fashions, jogging bottoms and shorts worn with long socks and open sandals. Tomorrow is the first formal night, it will be interesting to see how many people actually dress up with full length gowns for this, I will keep you posted.

When it comes to the photographers not as many as in the past, new backdrops which makes for a nice change.

Well night night from the middle of the sea, any questions and I will see what I can answer tomorrow

Thank you for posting! We are on the Navigator from Southampton in August so I have been checking frequently for reviews. I’m especially curious about the menus so thank you for including them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this great post. We get on as you get off on the 15th June. Can't wait! May the sunny weather stay with you for the full 12 days.

We're on the ship next week, too! Thanks jary8 for the play-by-play, it will be a big help while we count down to our cruise - I hope you don't mind I'm sharing this with the roll call as well.

Thanks for posting Jary8, will be following with interest as we are sailing 26th August on Navigator. I would be very interested to know your thoughts on the Voom Internet. I have bought the Surf & Stream for my 2 kids and wondered if there is good coverage across the ship and if the speeds are reasonable.

Enjoy your trip, look forward to your updates.

Thanks for posting Jary8, will be following with interest as we are sailing 26th August on Navigator. I would be very interested to know your thoughts on the Voom Internet. I have bought the Surf & Stream for my 2 kids and wondered if there is good coverage across the ship and if the speeds are reasonable.

Enjoy your trip, look forward to your updates.

The speed is alright, I have yet to find a black spot yet.

Well good morning from the middle of the ocean, it’s a little foggy this morning, but we need to give the sun a chance to get up. Having breakfast on Deck 5, a la carte.

Menus for all the restaurants can be found by using the interactive screens at the doors of the Main Dining Room.

Tonight’s selection 7c8e48492427ff1bbb1ac1e0645d8720.jpg83a4463ae9a5612e83b8b771722b3882.jpg7ca7a2eade721812357da576f118893f.jpgfd276d4cc7d2f2259cc03681081d61b6.jpg

Also around the ship are other interactive screens that can be used for finding your way around the ship. Also for finding out what is going on around the ship.

Also, you will get a list of how to access the towns from the port. bfacd0cd9d380efcabcda1f3d31f213e.jpg26927d23e796bb1b09efc54d1f113e20.jpg

Same here - following along as well :D

Well this mornings meet and mingle has been and gone, a shame there was no gift exchange sorted and the staff didn’t find out where people where from or our cruse critic names. A few nice raffle prizes, the usual keychains, 2. Bottles of fizz, rucksack. 2 hats. Managed to win two of them, so off to a good start. Then to off to the logo quiz there a few tough ones on it. The highest score was 20 out of 25. A win for us and the other team who also tied on the tie breaker.

Now sitting in the metropolis theatre for the shopping seminar, Diego has awesome glasses and it’s his first presentation. Le Vian on board, also Paragon jewellery a the guest collection on board.