Inside Cabin vs. Penthouse Suite?

Blazerboy

Ha ha, made you look!:D

" Will I enjoy this cruise?"

"I have only two weeks off a year. Where shoulld I go?"

"Will I be out of place on Celebrity?"

I do sometimes wonder if these types of posts are by people who really take the advice posted. I mean, does anyone really tell their wife or husband "Well, Blazerboy said we'd really be happy on Celebrity, so let's go!"?:eek:

Just sayin'

Andrew

Yes, you made me look. :)

It's always helpful to hear others' opinions and to gather information. It's what makes cruise critic so great.

However, we'd all do well to remember to take those opinions with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, you made me look. :)

It's always helpful to hear others' opinions and to gather information. It's what makes cruise critic so great.

However, we'd all do well to remember to take those opinions with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, absolutely. CC can be really valuable. I just get a chuckle out of some posts where we are asked to give an opinion without ANY background information. :p

I posted a thread like that because I do want to know what others opinions are of things like the rooms, ports of call, and other things. You can read about it on the cruise lines website, but that is their spin on things. I want to hear from people who have experience in these things. I have never sailed with Celebrity, so help from others who have is of great help to me.

Like all things, there will be a wide variety of opinions, and then the person asking the questions will have to decide for themselves. Sometimes, the opinions are very one sided, and then, the person will probably tend to side with what the general consenses has been.

I love to read the Ports of Call section and find out how others liked their excursions booked outside the cruiseline. This is what we usually do, and it is always good to know how others liked or didn't like their excursion.

When it comes to food, or cabin types, these items can be very subjective. Yes, I would love to cruise in a Grand Suite or above, but I also love to cruise 3-4 times a year, and look at booking them in an economical way, so we can go several times a year. Sometimes we get the balcony cabins, and sometimes the insides. Just depends on price, and who we are cruising with as to how much we may use a balcony.

My favourite is 'Will we be out of place on Celebrity?' with no further information.

If the poster said 'We hate dressing up, we book a balcony so we can smoke and we are looking for a cruise with an unlimited drink package so we can party all night. Will we be out of place on Celebrity?' we could give an informed answer!

And Andrew - if we had found Cruise Critic before our first cruise, we would have taken Blazerboy's advice and chosen Celebrity. As it was it took several cruises before we found our favourite line. (LOL)

Sheila

I vote for booking an inside an then hoping to be upgraded (at no charge, of course) to the penthouse suite. Now how's that for optimistic?:)

I do agree with the OP's point that seeking advice is one thing, but not providing any information to help posters give a good answer is odd.

Inside Cabin vs. Penthouse Suite?

Andrew

Depends if you want to sleep or entertain..

or use it as a private dining room to avoid "the code" issues

There's no cost consideration is there? ;)

Andrew, I took the bait! And I too really wonder how many readers base their cruising decisions on what the CC posters post?

I know we both have the same philosophy...go have fun...don't worry about the unforeseen...the uncontrollable...and the "what ifs". Life's too short.

Hugs to you my friend,

Kary

I do sometimes wonder if these types of posts are by people who really take the advice posted. I mean, does anyone really tell their wife or husband "Well, Blazerboy said we'd really be happy on Celebrity, so let's go!"?:eek:

Just sayin'

Andrew

You sure made me look :D

Well, if Balzerboy said so, I wouldn't listen. If 10 posters said so, I would. And not about being happy of course, maybe specific advices like: don't stay in that hotel, it's a dump. Or don't take cruise shuttle, take a taxi.

(corrected a typo)

Oh, absolutely. CC can be really valuable. I just get a chuckle out of some posts where we are asked to give an opinion without ANY background information. :p

...who absolutely LOVE to give their opinions without ANY background information at ALL. ;) (MANY of those, quite often, do so without even being ASKED.:rolleyes:)

" Will I enjoy this cruise?"

"I have only two weeks off a year. Where shoulld I go?"

"Will I be out of place on Celebrity?"

Just sayin'

Andrew

Oh my gosh, this made me really laugh out loud. Hilarious.

Archived