LIVE! From Rhapsody of the Seas - 19th November - Queensland Coast

The time is finally here! We landed in Sydney today and have 1 sleep to go before we board Rhapsody of the Seas to cruise 11 nights up the east coast of Australia and back.

Even though we are both from Brisbane, Queensland and have pretty much been to every port we will be visiting we are still very excited about the cruise! Mostly excited because we haven't been on Rhapsody before and very excited to be Platinum members on this voyage!

We booked a JS about 9 - 10 months ago when there was a great 'free' upgrade offer. It will be our first time in an AFT suite - so looking forward to the extended balcony.

It's a grey and stormy day in Sydney which is slightly a shame, but the city is so beautiful that it's not that big a deal. We are staying very close to the Cruise Terminal in an area called The Rocks. The hotel is Harbour Rocks Hotel - very nice! Rooms are small - but it is a boutique hotel so that is to be expected. We love the style of the hotel - it's just for one night - but could easily stay a few more days/ weeks :)

Looking forward to reporting from Rhapsody from tomorrow!

this is the hotel http://www.harbourrocks.com.au/

photo of the lobby

2001898539_hotellobby.jpg.3d0f4f09404409b95255fa02676314fd.jpg

im sorry for all the rain in Sydney... hope the weather improves up the coast.... we are off on the Rhapsody on Dec 28th which goes up east coast (bris/cairns/airlie beach) then over to the South Pacific so really looking forward to hearing all about your cruise and the boat!

Hope you have a blast!:D

Hey Peter - how do you subscribe to a thread?
Hi, towards the top of the list of replies for the thread you should see an option 'Thread Tools'. If you select that, you should then see an option you can select 'Subscribe to this thread', if you select that you will be presented with several options of how to be notified when someone posts to the thread. I usually select the option 'no email notification' but select the option on my User CP (control panel) to view subscribed threads when I come into CC.

Hope that helps.

Hi MissCruising - if you can it would be great to get a photo of the Balcony door on the Rhapsody. Im cruising on it with Hubbie and 2 kids (5 and 7) and we have 2 interconnecting cabins with balconys and I am stressing a little. I thought Id just be able to get the balcony key locked in the kids cabin.

I'm going to be following this thread with great interest as my husband and I are taking this cruise in March of next year!! And a question for all you lovely Australians: what kind of weather could I expect to encounter around the end of March, beginning of April in your wonderful country!!

I'm subscribing MissCruising1 as we're taking the same cruise on Rhapsody in January. It will be our first time in Australia.

Really looking forward to hearing about the ship and the ports.

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks for taking us along :D

I'm subscribing MissCruising1 as we're taking the same cruise on Rhapsody in January. It will be our first time in Australia.

Really looking forward to hearing about the ship and the ports.

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks for taking us along :D

thanks! looking forward to sharing the cruise!

I'm going to be following this thread with great interest as my husband and I are taking this cruise in March of next year!! And a question for all you lovely Australians: what kind of weather could I expect to encounter around the end of March, beginning of April in your wonderful country!!

March and April can still be very warm - but less stormy and the end of the 'wet season'... so a great time to travel! Although most Aussies have a strange affection to storms and the unpredictable weather between Oct to Feb - at least I know I do!

Hi MissCruising - if you can it would be great to get a photo of the Balcony door on the Rhapsody. Im cruising on it with Hubbie and 2 kids (5 and 7) and we have 2 interconnecting cabins with balconys and I am stressing a little. I thought Id just be able to get the balcony key locked in the kids cabin.

That is a really good point! I will check it out for you.

It will be autumn and can be windy so id bring a jacket...a light weather all purpose jacket not a big heavy parka. Its always hard to say as the weather is just "screwy" in the past 2 weeks its been boiling hot and bushfires around, then we had a full week of rains and roaring winds with minor flooding :eek:

Im keeping my fingers crossed for u that this cloud cover lifts and ypu have a lovely afternoon sail out of the harbour! What time r u boarding?

sunny spots every now and then - but the ship still looks beautiful in the harbour! waiting for Giulio to get back with photos. I'm packing and almost ready to leave the hotel... excitement overload!:D:D

Thanks so much for any information you can give about your cruise. We will be on the Rhapsody in April sailing from Sydney to Hawaii and it is difficult to find much information. Have a wonderful cruise and look forward to your updates.