Taxi or transfer recommendation from airport to hotel

maggieq

When we flew to Barcelona 6 years ago, we were lucky enough to be sitting next to a lady who lived in Barcelona and told us in no uncertain terms that we should not just get into a taxi as the price from the airport to the city was at least a third greater than the city to the airport. She recommended either the bus or train but we already had a transfer booked. I'm sure if you were to look up transfers I'm you will be able to find something that will take you directly to either your ship or hotel. Sorry not to help further but I can't remember who we used for our transfer.

Good luck and I'm not trying to frighten you but remember that Barcelona is notorious for pick pockets so make sure to be careful with your personal belongings.

Have a great holiday.

Angela

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

When we flew to Barcelona 6 years ago, we were lucky enough to be sitting next to a lady who lived in Barcelona and told us in no uncertain terms that we should not just get into a taxi as the price from the airport to the city was at least a third greater than the city to the airport. She recommended either the bus or train but we already had a transfer booked. I'm sure if you were to look up transfers I'm you will be able to find something that will take you directly to either your ship or hotel. Sorry not to help further but I can't remember who we used for our transfer.

Good luck and I'm not trying to frighten you but remember that Barcelona is notorious for pick pockets so make sure to be careful with your personal belongings.

Have a great holiday.

Angela

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Thanks! We will find a transfer as I’m not a fan of schlepping luggage onto a bus/train. We’ve been to Barcelona before and aware of pickpockets. Another reason to avoid mass transit. Thanks!

the company we used a few years ago no longer offers transfer only without a tour. Any recommendations for a taxi or car service for 2 people?

Thanks!

We used Airport Taxi Transfers earlier this month, the cost from Airport to hotel was E 36 which included our luggage. You can email them for a quote.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking on the link from this thread, I see that there is a shared van service from the airport to your hotel for 15E. Has anyone tried that? 

It says their luggage limit is one medium suitcase and one handbag. How strict are they with that, as we have one large suitcase, and probably a carry on or two.

Cheers

Len