Parking at Cape Liberty

This will be the first time I am driving to Cape Liberty. I will be on the Anthem on 10/27/18. Can someone confirm that when I arrive I would drop off my wife and luggage and then drive to the garage which I am told is walking distance back to the terminal where my wife will be waiting for me. Also when leaving the ship when I get my luggage how available are the porters and will they help bring the luggage all the way to my car or do I have to either bring the luggage myself to the car or have my wife wait in an area for me to get the car and drive to pick her up. Or is the garage close enough for us to wheel our 4 pieces of luggage together to the car. I plan on arriving between 9:30 and 10 at the beginning of my cruise to try to board as early as possible. We are Diamond Plus so even if we have to wait a little I am sure we can board quickly. Does anyone have any experience with the earliest that they have been able to board at Cape Liberty. This is a 7 night trip to Orlando and Nassau.

Thank you everyone for any information.

Steve,

Medford NY

Yes, as you swing around the front of the terminal, you will drop your luggage off. Just past the terminal is the parking garage which is definitely walking distance. Maybe a hundred yards? Very close and convenient. We had no issues taking our own luggage, but we also have rolling luggage which was easy for us. I can't answer as to whether porters take them to your car. I don't recall seeing that, but I didn't look either.

This will be the first time I am driving to Cape Liberty. I will be on the Anthem on 10/27/18. Can someone confirm that when I arrive I would drop off my wife and luggage and then drive to the garage which I am told is walking distance back to the terminal where my wife will be waiting for me. Also when leaving the ship when I get my luggage how available are the porters and will they help bring the luggage all the way to my car or do I have to either bring the luggage myself to the car or have my wife wait in an area for me to get the car and drive to pick her up. Or is the garage close enough for us to wheel our 4 pieces of luggage together to the car. I plan on arriving between 9:30 and 10 at the beginning of my cruise to try to board as early as possible. We are Diamond Plus so even if we have to wait a little I am sure we can board quickly. Does anyone have any experience with the earliest that they have been able to board at Cape Liberty. This is a 7 night trip to Orlando and Nassau.

Thank you everyone for any information.

Steve,

Medford NY

I have yet to see any vehicles allowed to bypass the drop off area for passengers/luggage at the new Bayonne terminal and proceed directly to the parking garage, so you will be directed to drop off your wife/luggage first.

The garage is very close to the terminal, easy to walk with rolling luggage. I do not think porters will bring your luggage to your vehicle, perhaps to the garage elevators. You may encounter a wait for the elevator when you disembark unless you use the stairs and carry your luggage. You and your wife should go directly to the garage rather than driving back to get her...it is a very short walk.

I boarded Vision this past October just after 11 am. My two Anthem sailings, boarded the ship before 11.

Drop you luggage at the terminal. Continue to the garage. As you enter you will get a parking ticket. The parking attendants usually have cones blocking off levels that are already filled. After you park the car TAKE YOUR PARKING ticket with you. Proceed to the terminal and enjoy the cruise.

Upon return, your collect your luggage. I also have not seen porters helping take the luggage to the garage but that could be because so many people now have wheeled bags. On the ground level outside the garage, there is pay station. You insert the parking ticket into the machine and then you pay for the parking. You get a PAID Ticket. Enter the garage. There are 2 elevators so there can sometimes be a short line of people waiting for the elevator. As you exit the terminal, there will a place to insert the paid ticket so that the gate lifts.