Purchased drink package - ok to bring a few beers on board

jimmaher

I suppose even if you have a package, there's no proof you're not bringing them on for someone else on board who doesn't. Even if they're not booked into your party you could have friends on board iykwim.

Not saying you would, just saying that might be what they think :)

I know it’s against the rules but it ultimately would be cheaper for RCCL

As you admit, it is against the rules. No need to attempt any sort of justification, it’s not allowed and if smuggling is detected, they will dispose of it for you.

How could it possibly be cheaper for RCCL?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Because they bought a package that allows them to drink as much of RCCL's beer as they desire. Drinking a few of their own would mean a few less of RCCL's.

But against the rules and I wouldn't expect them to make an exception, because others would take advantage if it were their policy.

Because they bought a package that allows them to drink as much of RCCL's beer as they desire. Drinking a few of their own would mean a few less of RCCL's.

But against the rules and I wouldn't expect them to make an exception, because others would take advantage if it were their policy.

Thanks - obviously I had a momentary lapse of brain function.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure why you want to bring some beers on board. If it is to have some in the room try getting a beer and ask them to not open it. I heard that sometimes they will do this. I'm more into mixed drinks than beer. What I did was to order a drink with no ice. I would carry an insulated cup with a lid and pour it into that and put it in my purse. I did this discretely. A short time later I would order another drink so that I could enjoy it where I was. I would normally only do this at the pool bar or in the Windjammer so I could have it while getting dressed or on the balcony. If someone was to have seen me do this and thought that I was giving it to someone else, I would tell them to check the cameras. That cup was always in my hands and no one else was ever in our room. I could bring on some champagne or wine that RC allows, but why would I bother when we have paid for 2 package?

I had the deluxe package and took beers back to my room all the time. There was no problem asking them to not open them. Usually I just got the screw top aluminum bottles anyway. Early in the day I would grab a couple and then take them back. It only took a day or two to have 6-8 stockpiled in my refrigerator and then I just keep up 3-4 at a time during the day.