Dream Comes Partially True

hensghan

Was staying inside out of the heat and cruise-lusting on line when I stumbled upon my absolute dream cruise: the Maasdam's 45-day Atlantic Adventurer, FLL to FLL, 10/28/2011 to 12/12/2011, over 20 great ports of call, and -- best of all -- no transatlantic air travel required.

So ..... I've now actually found the dream cruise that I never thought would ever be offered. All I've really got left to do is somehow find a way to dream up the wherewithal to finance it, which is pretty doggone unlikely, I know, but then again HAL just might wind up offering an unbelievable last minute flash sale.

The blind hog does sometimes find the truffle, right?

:) You only go around once. We booked this cruise wondering how we would pay for it and what happens is we got another one of those 0% interest until Jan 2013 credit card offers in the mail yesterday and final payment is next week. Problem solved!!

Was staying inside out of the heat and cruise-lusting on line when I stumbled upon my absolute dream cruise: the Maasdam's 45-day Atlantic Adventurer, FLL to FLL, 10/28/2011 to 12/12/2011, over 20 great ports of call, and -- best of all -- no transatlantic air travel required.

So ..... I've now actually found the dream cruise that I never thought would ever be offered. All I've really got left to do is somehow find a way to dream up the wherewithal to finance it, which is pretty doggone unlikely, I know, but then again HAL just might wind up offering an unbelievable last minute flash sale.

The blind hog does sometimes find the truffle, right?

If you've got the time to do it, I say go for it. You only live once, and you can do like a previous poster did and try to get a 0% so you have more time to pay it off. :-)

Wish I had that kind of time to travel! Someday....

We just booked this cruise for the 2012 fall season.

You might also want to check the Voyage of the Vikings, which is a 35 day transatlantic cruise. It is also on the Maasdam, R/T from Boston and runs from the middle of July to the middle of August.

Being only 35 days, it will be less expensive than the winter 42 or 45 day cruise.

Scott & Karen

Can I share your dream ? :) Sounds wonderful. I am going to check out this cruise (if you are going to dream, you need all the details;)) then check my lottery ticket.:D

Don't have the time or the means at the moment ( unless of course my tickets a winner, if so I'll be back and let you know) but no transatlantic flight, a dream for sure.:)

I love that itinerary but would like it more in June....

DH isn't retired so we can't (yet) do it anyway but it's a great itinerary on the beautiful Maasdam. I'll be very interested how it goes.

The 35 day VOV boards today in Boston. :)

Come join us on this cruise! If you do book, make sure you get on the roll call page -- we are fairly active and have a great organizer who is helping us all get to know each other. Also, we are in the process of planning some private tours, so this is a good time to sign up.

...early in 2013 - leaves Fort Lauderdale January 19 and goes up the Amazon and spends three days in Rio de Janeiro......yes, the last three days of "Carnaval"!!!!!!

DH wants to go up the Amazon which is why I booked it - didn't spot the Rio bit until a couple of days later. Now I'm really excited about the trip!:D:D:D

Gena & Hans

:) We are also booked on the 2012 Voyage of the Vikings. Because it takes place in July the prices are quite a bit higher than the 45 day Atlantic Adventurer cruise. Late Oct through Mid December are traditionaly the least expensive time of the year to cruise. We booked an E ocean view for the 45 days and a G ocean view for the 35 dayVofV The VofV is costing us $2,000.00 per head more for a lesser cabin. Jump on this 45 day cruise it's really quite a bargain.

Archived