Bringing Soda on board

scaper

I am planning for our cruise in April and we want to bring some soda with us since my wife like caffeine free Diet Coke and I don't believe the ship has any caffeine free soda.

\

Can we put it in a suitcase with wheels and carry it on that way or do we have to carry it by itself?

If it can go in a suitcase can that suitcase be one of the suitcases that we check and not carry on?

Thanks

There will be folks happy to answer your questions.......but doing a quick search will find your answers.

This question is asked every other day.......:)

Then I will see my answer tomorrow. :)

I took 2 six-packs of Diet Dew on the Dream and in Port Canaveral they check most bags with liquids to make sure its not booze. If you can pick it up and place it through the scanner you are good to go.

We had a less than helpful agent at the scanner who said "I ain't lifting your bag and it needs to go on that table over there" pointing to a separate area.

She unzipped the bag never moved a thing and said "ok go on". So it depends on which agent you are lucky enough to get.

What port?

I have a small carry on bag that I stuff in my suit case. when at the hotel I nab a garbage bag and put in my case of pop and case or water. tie the garbage bag shut and put it in my carry on bag. slap the tags on it and give it to a porter. no issues in four cruises out of port Canaveral. twice on carnival and twice on royal and they both sail from different piers. The funny thing when we sailed on the sensation was they made us get rid of the two sealed bottles of water that my wife carried on in her bag.

Seems like you have your answer. I just want to mention that they have Diet Sprite on board (cans), if you don't want to haul a 12-pack in your carry on. Also, Crystal Light ToGo packets and liquid add-ins come in a variety of flavors, many caffeine free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk