Transportation to/ from hotels/pom

mikel24m

The same thing happened to me the last time. I had a driver who didn’t speak English and who didn’t know how to get from the Fort Lauderdale port to the Fort Lauderdale airport. The ~$7 estimated fare ended up being ~$35! However, I used the simple dispute function with Uber and they could see on the routing that she completely bungled the trip and we were charged only the original ~$7 estimate. I’m sorry that Uber didn’t do the same for you.

My experience with Uber has been that they are very open to discounting and offering refunds. I'm not sure how you ended up with a $35 fare though, that's an hour of driving. How long did you sit in the car dealing with 25 miles worth of circles?

How long did you sit in the car dealing with 25 miles worth of circles?

We were in the car for 45 minutes. Our flight was not going to leave for four more hours so we were not concerned at all and we were trying to communicate with her. She just was not understanding Fort Lauderdale airport, FLL, Hollywood or any of the other things we were saying. What I was confused about was that the Uber app tells the driver where to go and how to get there but when she missed the turnoff ~two miles from the port we didn’t know what was happening and then she just kept driving and driving and taking other highways and stuff. Anyway, it was quite the adventure!! Her profile showed 4 rides....

We were in the car for 45 minutes. Our flight was not going to leave for four more hours so we were not concerned at all and we were trying to communicate with her. She just was not understanding Fort Lauderdale airport, FLL, Hollywood or any of the other things we were saying. What I was confused about was that the Uber app tells the driver where to go and how to get there but when she missed the turnoff ~two miles from the port we didn’t know what was happening and then she just kept driving and driving and taking other highways and stuff. Anyway, it was quite the adventure!! Her profile showed 4 rides....

That's so wild! And you aren't local so probably didn't know the streets that well yourself. Seems to be the only real negative with Uber, sometimes the rookie drivers are not ideal.