Transportation to/ from hotels/pom

mikel24m

Hi all I am new to uber and hopefully someone with experience can help me :)

Flying into FLL going to Aventura for a few days pre cruise.trying to figure out if it's cheaper to use uber to the hotel from FLL and from the hotel to POM on Saturday or taxi /SAS

We have uber coupons we will be using

Which uber do we try to get 2 people 2 bags plus carry-ons

What's this uber surge pricing and how will I know before hand if I'll be paying more than I thought

Thanks

Surge pricing occurs without warning during peak periods. Uber X or XL

We were two people and summoned an XL. $11.66 plus tip. XL would have cost around $8-9

Uber site has more info on surge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure to put the Uber App on your phone!

We started using Uber a couple of years ago far better than cabs or shuttle unless it a free hotel shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One more question please :)

Should we request uber x or xl? 2 people 2 bags total.

I don't want to pay double if I don't t have to thats the point of no taxi.

How will I know the car that's coming and if my 2 suitcases will fit?

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

UberX will be fine for 2 people and bags - even if one of you packs like my wife. ;) Typical UberX is a Toyota Camry or similar sized vehicle, and it should have room for 2 plus bags, No need to pay for UberXL

Yes, UberX will be big enough. A suitcase can always go on the unused seat, too, if for some reason they don’t all fit in the trunk.

Make sure your credit card info is in your Uber app so you don’t have to deal with entering that the first time you use it. You’ll be hooked on it after your first use!

Yes, UberX will be big enough. A suitcase can always go on the unused seat, too, if for some reason they don’t all fit in the trunk.

Make sure your credit card info is in your Uber app so you don’t have to deal with entering that the first time you use it. You’ll be hooked on it after your first use!

Thanks again guys I appreciate it!

My cc info is all set and I have a $15 off first ride and I sent my wife my link and she has $5 off first 4 rides so I'm thinking that'll save us a few bucks too. I'm a happy man hopefully those $50,$60,$70 taxi days are over for us :)

Thanks again guys I appreciate it!

My cc info is all set and I have a $15 off first ride and I sent my wife my link and she has $5 off first 4 rides so I'm thinking that'll save us a few bucks too. I'm a happy man hopefully those $50,$60,$70 taxi days are over for us :)

OK so I'm back one more time before our vacation starts ;)

So I go onto the uber app and try to schedule our pickup from home to our local airport maybe 15 minutes away.

First thing that's strange is I did mock trips and three times the price was different? Why's that

Second I tried to do the pickup for 430am because we have an early flight and it says after my pickup time they'll let me know if a driver is unavailable for our ride! WTH isn't that the reason to schedule? Then if not we have to scramble to find a cab at 430am

Is this always the way it is with Uber/Lyft

I did spend 2 hours reading on Ubers website and wasn't very helpful. You would think that being the most valuable privately owned company in the world they would have a better IT team :)

Thanks again

One more question please :)

Should we request uber x or xl? 2 people 2 bags total.

I don't want to pay double if I don't t have to thats the point of no taxi.

How will I know the car that's coming and if my 2 suitcases will fit?

Thanks again guys!

If you have seen what I have fit in an UberX.... Lol.

You will be more than fine with an UberX for 2 people plus bags... I've taken 4 large checked bags, 2 carry ons and 2 people in an UberX many times. Stack the bags on the unused seat, etc. You just have 2 suitcases? Easy.

If you have seen what I have fit in an UberX.... Lol.

You will be more than fine with an UberX for 2 people plus bags... I've taken 4 large checked bags, 2 carry ons and 2 people in an UberX many times. Stack the bags on the unused seat, etc. You just have 2 suitcases? Easy.

Just an update.... We are in Florida and we used Lyft twice and it was a great experience! Thanks again

We didn't use uber it was like 30 percent more after I did a price comparison

Just an update.... We are in Florida and we used Lyft twice and it was a great experience! Thanks again

We didn't use uber it was like 30 percent more after I did a price comparison

The experience between the two is identical, for what it's worth. Almost all drivers are active on both Lyft and Uber. Definitely take the cheaper one. :D

I thought I read on these sites that FLL area doesn't use Lyft? Only Uber. Please correct me if I am wrong! I never used Lyft but have used Uber and am happy with it. I'd further love to have options!

Lyft is just as available as Uber in Fll

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are home from vacation and wanted to help others with a follow up.We used Lyft and it was so cheap easy and painless! The top is what I paid from Miami port to fort Lauderdale airport

The second is from Hallandale Beach to port of miami

And third was from fort Lauderdale airport to Hallandale Beach hotel

Like I said painless and much cheaper than a taxi

Thanks again for the help guys aa124b05af8183027038dbb145f71f03.jpg

We used Uber a month ago at 10am from hotel to cruise port. The driver didn’t speak English and got lost. The final fare was 3X the original quote. We paid for his education of how to get to the port. Uber was unsympathetic and refused to adjust the fare. It’s the hotel shuttle for us next time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used Uber a month ago at 10am from hotel to cruise port. The driver didn’t speak English and got lost. The final fare was 3X the original quote. We paid for his education of how to get to the port. Uber was unsympathetic and refused to adjust the fare. It’s the hotel shuttle for us next time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought maybe we would encounter that and to our surprise all clean new cars, good drivers and all used GPS. As far as 3x the price that's something that turned me off with Uber. With Lyft as long as you put a destination your locked in to the estimate once you send for a driver

The same thing happened to me the last time. I had a driver who didn’t speak English and who didn’t know how to get from the Fort Lauderdale port to the Fort Lauderdale airport. The ~$7 estimated fare ended up being ~$35! However, I used the simple dispute function with Uber and they could see on the routing that she completely bungled the trip and we were charged only the original ~$7 estimate. I’m sorry that Uber didn’t do the same for you.