School me on Celebrity Infinity

Sittin'OnTheDock

We were on the Infinity January 2016,South American cruise.

Staff was wonderful, we were inAqua Class.. Blu was great. Ship was in good shape.. love the cruise. It’s an older ship, but really don’t mind that.

We were on the Infinity in October and for it's age the ship was in pretty good shape. Any ship that's 15 years old will have some areas that show some wear and tear (and rust). Our cabin was in good shape, all of the passenger areas were well maintained and clean. The staff were great. If I had to find a fault it would be that on a few occasions there were some areas that smelled like the plumbing was in need of some attention. Mostly on deck 1 when we got on/off the ship but once or twice we got a whiff in the corridor where our cabin was. Oh and our balcony door was a bit hard to open/close, it obviously needed some lubrication.

I much prefer the layout of the S-class but I wouldn't hesitate to go on another M-class ship if I found the right cruise.

We were on that same Oct cruise... thete was a sewer smell in various corridors on and off...happily not our cabin..our AQ cabin shower stall had bad mildew and our cabin AC and AC in corridor failed sev times towards end of cruise..they repaired it promptly

Overall ship was clean and no other complaints about condition. Solarium and other areas seemed updated.. .other areas seemed a bit worn and old style... the ship got us where we wanted to go and we had a great time!

......... Oh and our balcony door was a bit hard to open/close, it obviously needed some lubrication.

I much prefer the layout of the S-class but I wouldn't hesitate to go on another M-class ship if I found the right cruise.

When we had a similar problem with our balcony door, a guy came right up and fixed it, about 5 minutes after we reported it.

We like some features better on the M-class ships and others on the S-class ships.

For example, we much prefer the standard cabin layout (with conveniently accessible closet and drawer storage) as well as the promenade deck on M-class.

Also like having the 3 elevator banks.

While the S-class cabins are more snazzy looking, the M-class cabin design is more practical.

Ideal would be the storage of the M-class cabins together with the S-class bathrooms.

Celebrity staff and crew are wonderful, whatever type cabin you have.

Edited by varoo

We were on it in September/October 2017, and it was great. Only saw minor signs of wear/tear, and only a tiny bit of rust. We did see workers tirelessly polishing, varnishing, cleaning, etc. Very clean ship, and most areas were very fresh. Our stateroom was in great ship, just a small "dent" on a corner (metal walls). Would certainly sail again. We love the look/feel.