Hotels in Tokyo and Vancouver

babs135

Does anyone know which hotels Cunard uses for Tokyo and Vancouver? If you book direct with Cunard are you 'stuck' with their choice?

Thanks.

I can't help with your second question, but perhaps I can help with the first question.

I'm not seeing any hotel offerings yet for QE's newly announced September 2020 sailing between Vancouver and Tokyo. But for her previously announced sailings, here is what I am seeing for pre- and post-voyage hotel packages on Cunard's US web site.

Tokyo (from Yokohama)

Capitol Hotel Tokyu

Vancouver

Rosewood Georgia

Four Seasons Vancouver

Pan Pacific Vancouver

Not sure why, but I'm not seeing the Four Seasons Vancouver included as one of the hotel options on Cunard's UK web site.

I can't help with your second question, but perhaps I can help with the first question.

I'm not seeing any hotel offerings yet for QE's newly announced September 2020 sailing between Vancouver and Tokyo. But for her previously announced sailings, here is what I am seeing for pre- and post-voyage hotel packages on Cunard's US web site.

Tokyo (from Yokohama)

Capitol Hotel Tokyu

Vancouver

Rosewood Georgia

Four Seasons Vancouver

Pan Pacific Vancouver

Not sure why, but I'm not seeing the Four Seasons Vancouver included as one of the hotel options on Cunard's UK web site.

Four Seasons is closing down Jan 2020.

Pan Pacific and the Rosewood Georgia are both lovely. Pan is right on the water, Rosewood right in the heart of downtown across from Pacific Centre Mall and the Art Gallery. I'd probably take the Pan for the views.

... for her previously announced sailings, here is what I am seeing for pre- and post-voyage hotel packages on Cunard's US web site.

Tokyo (from Yokohama)

Capitol Hotel Tokyu

Vancouver

Rosewood Georgia

Four Seasons Vancouver

Pan Pacific Vancouver

I would strongly recommend that anyone considering booking accommodations through Cunard would be well-advised to do a minimum of homework and to compare Cunard's quoted prices versus what these same (or similar) hotels would charge if you were to book directly.

I enquired about accommodations in NYC in August prior to my two way Atlantic voyage, and was quoted $600/night for the Crowne Plaza Times Square and $733/night for Flagship: The Knickerbocker.

(prices averaged over the 3 nights that were quoted and including ground transport).

For comparison, I paid $161/night for the upscale W Hotel in Lower Manhattan (adjacent to Wall St) and ground transport would have cost about $50 max!

Then $200 for the hipster-ish Aloft Hotel in Brooklyn, upon my return. A taxi or Uber would not likely have exceeded $20.

I mean, if you are wealthy enough not to ask the price or if somebody else (with deep pockets) is paying, then "fill yer boots!".

I'm just saying that a phone call or a few clicks of the mouse could potentially save you 50-80% of what Cunard charges for such add-ons. For equal or BETTER accommodations.

For consideration ...

PJ

I would strongly recommend that anyone considering booking accommodations through Cunard would be well-advised to do a minimum of homework and to compare Cunard's quoted prices versus what these same (or similar) hotels would charge if you were to book directly.

I enquired about accommodations in NYC in August prior to my two way Atlantic voyage, and was quoted $600/night for the Crowne Plaza Times Square and $733/night for Flagship: The Knickerbocker.

(prices averaged over the 3 nights that were quoted and including ground transport).

For comparison, I paid $161/night for the upscale W Hotel in Lower Manhattan (adjacent to Wall St) and ground transport would have cost about $50 max!

Then $200 for the hipster-ish Aloft Hotel in Brooklyn, upon my return. A taxi or Uber would not likely have exceeded $20.

I mean, if you are wealthy enough not to ask the price or if somebody else (with deep pockets) is paying, then "fill yer boots!".

I'm just saying that a phone call or a few clicks of the mouse could potentially save you 50-80% of what Cunard charges for such add-ons. For equal or BETTER accommodations.

For consideration ...

PJ

This is why I asked if I was 'stuck' with their choice of hotels.

So how would it work? Would I tell Cunard the dates I want to fly (allowing for the hotel stay of course) and then book the hotels independently. That seems to be the obvious way, but sometimes......

Hi Babs - no you are not stuck with the Cunard hotels - they can be silly money when compared with booking direct as the previous poster says. You can book your cruise and flights with Cunard and then chose your hotels independently. Be aware this way, you won't have any transfers included so you will need taxis or private transfer to and from the ship but that's generally easy to do. You should also be able to vary your dates of travel so for example if you want to fly a few days earlier or back a few days later this should also be possible, usually (but not always) for the same or similar price quoted.