Salerno to Positano and La Tagliata Restaurant

DisneyCrazy123

We will be cruising in early September and are thinking about taking the ferry from Salerno to Positano. I have been looking for specific information on walking up the steps from the ferry dock all the way up to La Tagliata restaurant for lunch. Has anyone done this or can you point me to a resource. Thanks.

We will be cruising in early September and are thinking about taking the ferry from Salerno to Positano. I have been looking for specific information on walking up the steps from the ferry dock all the way up to La Tagliata restaurant for lunch. Has anyone done this or can you point me to a resource. Thanks.

An interesting restaurant. One of our friends once remarked that its a tourist trap worth every Euro! Good food, service, fabulous view....what more can you ask. I have never met anyone who hiked up there from the bottom of Positano....but know of some folks who hiked there from the Amalfi Drive. Unless you are a relative of a mountain goat....you might want to reconsider and arrange to be picked up by their free shuttle. Also consider that on a port day, time is an important element and would take some time to get up that steep hill from the bottom of Positano. Once you climb up through Positano to the Amalfi Drive..the real hike would begin.

If you do decide to take up the challenge and do the deed....please post about your adventure here.

Hank

A few facts that may help in making a decision to walk or not...

The distance from the ferry port to La Tagliata is 2.9km

The elevation of the ferry port is 51.3 feet; La Tagliata is at 1173.5 feet

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png