Initial Hold

mymy318

Thanks for the responses. My brother and I had an agreement for me to pay for the cruise fare and he took on the onboard expenses. Then he got deployed and that left me to cover all of the expenses since he has expenses related to leaving. I just didn't want a situation in which funds were being tied up on a hold. This is their first and I want them to enjoy it. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Years ago I used a debit card and a hold was taken.

There have been reports over the years of issues with debit card holds such that I'd never use one to secure an onboard account. However, I'm having a hard time remembering any complaint about credit card holds.

In my experience, I've seen credit card holds as I've used the SeaPass account. For example, if I spend $100 on day 1, I might see a hold for $100 showing up on my credit card account the next day. By the end of the week, I'd have several incremental holds on my credit card.

RCI does a pre-authorization each night for the amount of your spending for that day. Don't forget, if you didn't pre-pay tips that amount will include $13.95 pp in the cabin. It's up to your bank or credit card company how it impacts your account. These pre-authorizations normally do reduce your credit available. If you are very close to your credit limit I would set up a cash account.