Red Stripe Beach available for non RCI cruise?

Tangocherie

Many posts here indicate that this beach is offered on Royal Caribbean cruises. My cruise is now stopping at Falmouth and is on the Norwegian Jade. Is it possible to go to this beach even though Norwegian does not offer an excursion to go there? I thought of taking a taxi to get there. Your insights are most welcome.

Many posts here indicate that this beach is offered on Royal Caribbean cruises. My cruise is now stopping at Falmouth and is on the Norwegian Jade. Is it possible to go to this beach even though Norwegian does not offer an excursion to go there? I thought of taking a taxi to get there. Your insights are most welcome.

We were recently on Celebrity and it was not available. I was hoping to go there.:(

Celebrity was offering Bamboo Beach excursion. Not sure what NCL will offer from Falmouth, since they usually dock in Ocho Rios. If you have the whole day in Falmouth I highly recommend doing a day pass to Rose Hall Hilton or Royalton White Sands.

We were recently on Celebrity and it was not available. I was hoping to go there.:(

Celebrity was offering Bamboo Beach excursion. Not sure what NCL will offer from Falmouth, since they usually dock in Ocho Rios. If you have the whole day in Falmouth I highly recommend doing a day pass to Rose Hall Hilton or Royalton White Sands.

Thanks for the recs, have you been to both? Either better than the other? It will be me, DH and my 15 year old son. Any snorkeling at either one?

Thanks for the recs, have you been to both? Either better than the other? It will be me, DH and my 15 year old son. Any snorkeling at either one?

I was at Rose Hall Hilton in September. I really enjoyed it a lot, especially the lazy river.. No snorkelling from shore, but they had snorkelling boats that offered tours to the reef. We booked with Resorts for a Day, which included transportation.

In November, I was planning to go to Royalton (gets excellent reviews on cruise critic) but the short time in port did not justify the day pass cost, so we thought to do the ship's excursion to Red Stripe Beach (after reading Karena1's review in another thread). However Celebrity did not offer an excursion to Red Stripe. So we took the ship's excursion to Montego Bay and Doctor's Cave Beach.

I'm on the Oasis right now.:D

No more Red Stripe Beach!:(

I was really looking forward to going. Once we were settled in on Sunday, I went to the Shore Excursions desk. It wasn't in the Shore Excursion paper thats left in your cabin.

The lady said hold on, I think it's not being offered. She went on her phone, in front of me, acquiring about it.

She hung up and said the area was purchased by a Resort and they're looking for an alternative beach.

She offered me Blue Waters, but I didn't want a $79 all inclusive. Bamboo was an hour away and I knew hubby wouldn't like that.

It was our first time in Falmouth, since we didn't have plans, we slowly walked around. Of course I wanted to shop. We separated since hubby hates shopping. He went for Cuban Cigars, that's it. Me, I shopped all over and bought Rum Raisin Rum Creme, Coverups, Spices, Tshirts, etc. Bargaining at every store.

One man was selling snow cones, so I bought one for $5. I knew it was a rip off. I also stopped and watched the dancers and drummers. The male dancer came up to me and I tried to dance like them, but of course I couldn't keep up. Just glad hubby didn't see me.:evilsmile:

There was another older gentleman playing his guitar singing Bob Marley songs. He was good, so I hung around him for awhile.

Found hubby at the Rum Bar and wasn't ready to get back on the ship. It was a beautiful day today in Falmouth, so I wanted to see the real Jamaica outside the Port. I decided to take the Falmouth Trolley Tour. Hubby didn't want to go.

It was $25 and a little over an hour. I also asked at the Port about Red Stripe. Same answer.

Our Trolley Tour Guide was very informative, answered questions and taught us some of the Jamaican dialect. We went through the streets and saw the real Falmouth. We went inside a church, where there were goats roaming around outside the attached cemetery.

One thing tickled me, when we went by this day care, the children were outside playing and started chanting tourist, tourist, tourist.

I do recommend some kind of Tour when visiting this Port. I really enjoyed my day and glad we didn't stay on the ship.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06