Cost of Taxi From Honolulu Pier to Waikiki hotels?

cruiseinfoseeker

Hi, I am just wondering what people have recently paid in taxi fare from the pier to waikiki hotels. I see that Ginny (Sunny AZ Cruiser) paid $38 plus tip to go to the Outrigger on the Beach.

I expected to take a cab both to and from the port. We will be pre cruise at the Royal Hawaiian and Post cruise to the Sheraton Waikiki.

That amount ($38 plus tip so about $45) sounds so very high to me from what I had thought I read from other cc'ers in the recent past. I was under the impression that it was more along the line of $25, but I don't know if that was only from people assuming that amount, since Ginny paid substantially more than that.

We paid about $25 from Hale Koa, but that is on the West end of Waikiki, closer to the cruise ship dock, and this was several years ago. If you want cheaper, try Roberts Shuttle, which is less than $10/pp each way. They probably have a round-trip also. Check their website for current rates. I know that it is $9.00 one way from airport to Waikiki, and $15.00 round trip, unless it has gone up since January.

Another good option is Mark at Hawaii23.com. He's picking up the 4 of us from the airport and taking us to the cruise terminal and also taking us from our hotel in Waikiki to the airport for cheaper than Roberts can and we'll be by ourselves rather than a big bus.

Fuel prices and inflation affect taxi fares the same way they affect other costs. I'm not surprised to hear that it's higher than it was in the past.

Shuttles can be cheaper, depending on how many are in your party and whether you are willing to spend the extra time shuttles usually take (waiting for all passengers, stopping a many hotels, loading/unloading luggage).

beachchick

2 years ago I paid about $25 to go from the Hyatt Waikiki to the cruise terminal. From the airport to the Hyatt was only $10 because I took the Roberts Hawaiian bus... It also took 45 minutes because I was the second to last stop....

thanks for your replies! I think I will call Hawaii23 for a ride to the pier. But for my return I guess I will just pay the high cab fare. I think I read somewhere that they (Hawaii23 and other private cars maybe also) are not allowed to do pick-ups for some reason....?

Just returned from a land vacation which included a couple of days in Waikiki. I HIGHLY recommend Mark at Hawaii23.com for a non-shared ride for $23 for up to three people. We used him both ways and could not have been more pleased. He even phoned us to say he'd be five minutes late picking us up, which I wouldn't even have noticed or worried about! If he can't pick you up, he'll send his cousin John or another trusted, reliable driver he works with. Extremely nice young man and his wife.

• 3 weeks later...

Roberts Hawaii runs a shuttle from the pier to the waikikik hotels, from the hotels to the pier or airport and from the airport to the ship or hotels. We used their service and it was like $8 a person. (I think it is more from hotel to airport due to distance). (http://www.gorabbitgo.com)

Great service... waiting for us at the pier. Took care of our luggage - loading and unloading. Got you right to the door of your hotel and handed the luggage over to the hotel porters. Would use them again in a heartbeat. Much cheaper than a taxi and just as good of service.

Archived