Anyone book a BL balcony guarantee? What did you get?

Stockjock

I'm thinking about booking a BL balcony guarantee on the Miracle. I'm wondering what the odds are that I'd get something decent? Yeah, yeah, I know, any day at sea is decent, but I'm curious how the BL category often plays out.

For those who have booked a BL balcony guarantee, what did you end up getting? Were you happy with it?

We booked a balcony guarantee on the Glory last Dec. We were assigned a wonderful balcony on the Lido deck. I think it was 9211. My sister and her husband were on the same cruise, also booked a bal. guar. and had a really great balcony on the panorama deck. This was my first cruise so I was totally thrilled.:D

We booked a balcony guarantee on the Triumph for our cruise last week. We were on deck 8 (8409) which is starboard side, almost to the back of the ship. I liked the location because it was very convenient to the staircase up to the lido for food and drinks...

I'm thinking about booking a BL balcony guarantee on the Miracle. I'm wondering what the odds are that I'd get something decent? Yeah, yeah, I know, any day at sea is decent, but I'm curious how the BL category often plays out.

For those who have booked a BL balcony guarantee, what did you end up getting? Were you happy with it?

We booked category 8A balcony guarantee and ended up with a category 11 suite - we were VERY happy!! :D

Looking forward to seeing what we wind up with on our up coming cruise . . .

We booked BL on the Legend for a very good price and ended up with an 8H, just below the Lido deck. The cabin itself was going for over $200 per person more than I paid, we liked everything about the cabin except for the noise from the buffet above.

I think what you need to consider is how many cabins would you really not want and what are the odds of getting one of those. For us, I pretty much didn't care as long as we had a balcony so it was the right choice for us.

What did you get?

Once I got one all the way to the front and I thought I wouldn't like it. But it was smooth sailing and I could look into the bridge.

What ship are you booking and did you do a BL Gty or a OB BL GTY?

If the Spirit they have OB the Triumph doesn't

Once I got one all the way to the front and I thought I wouldn't like it. But it was smooth sailing and I could look into the bridge.

What ship are you booking and did you do a BL Gty or a OB BL GTY?

If the Spirit they have OB the Triumph doesn't

It's on the Miracle and is a BL GTY.

It really depends on the ship. I booked a 4A Inside Guarantee and got a 7A obstructed balcony on the Miracle! And the obstruction was that I couldn't look down, just out. Big deal!! The spirit class ships have 80% outside cabins (which I knew), so I knew I would have a better chance of an upgrade to an outside, but never dreamed I would get a balcony. It was wonderful!

Conquest class I don't think has the same percentage of outside rooms, so less likely to get that good of an upgrade (from inside to outside).

On the Miracle we got 8109 on the Panorama deck - 3 rooms from the bridge. Loved the far forward location so much we chose a similar cabin on the Liberty Panorama deck last fall. It's very quiet that far forward.

Did the guarantee again for our upcoming cruise and got assigned to the Lido so we have been very happy thus far. Know that there's always a chance that you can get that noisy location such as under the pool or over a lounge and weigh how much that would bother you vs. the cost savings and the slim chance of an upgrade. While it's fairly common to move up a few deck in the same category - those upgrades to a suite are rare.

I rarely book a guarantee for fear of getting an obstructed view. I did on the Miracle last year because the price for single was over $200.00 cheaper than the cheapest balcony with assigned cabin.

I chewed my nails for months.... I was very surprised to get a cabin on Panorama deck......which afforded a great view. I had booked 8 months out and am Platinum. Don't know if that had anything to do with it....

I won't do it again, however, unless the price difference warrants it. Can't stand the anxiety.....

I booked an 8A guarantee on the Spirit and got an 8I at the very back of the ship. Supposed to be very nice... Actually my TA checked before I booked and only 3 balconies were open at all. So he figured I would have to get one of the 3 and all were good. He said CCL usually assigns the cabin right after final payment is made. And he was right as usuall!

We have booked a balcony guarantee on our last two cruises. The first time we received a 9A room and the other time we received an 8I. Both times they have been located in the aft. I have been happy both times. I book directly through Carnival using the military rate and my DW is Platinum so not sure if any or all of those had any effect on the room we received.

Mike

We booked a BL - about one year before the cruise date. One week before sail date we got our assignment. Verandah deck - Cabin 8256. It was wonderful. No complaints at all. I loved that bed - can I go back? Now? I would select a BL again.

Also as a side note: If you book a BL - you will not get an obstructed balcony....a BL will get you an 8A and up. So no worries there.

You can book a cat. 7 BL GTY. And you can book a cat.8 BL GTY.

The cat. 7's [spirit class] are obstructed.

Book a cat 8 BL GTY and there ARE NO obstructed cat. 8's on any Carnival ship.

The cabins will ALL be exactly the same. You might get one with something above or below you that can make late nite noise. But its a vacation and you don't need to be up to go to work the next day and you can nap whenever you want. But then I've never got a noisy cabin when booking gty.'s

Dan

• 3 years later...
We booked a BL - about one year before the cruise date. One week before sail date we got our assignment. Verandah deck - Cabin 8256. It was wonderful. No complaints at all. I loved that bed - can I go back? Now? I would select a BL again.

Also as a side note: If you book a BL - you will not get an obstructed balcony....a BL will get you an 8A and up. So no worries there.

we are in 8256 also on Freedom good to hear its a nice cabin

I'm too scared to book any GTY. I would be miserable being above or below a lounge where they played loud music all night. Similarly, I would not want to be under the lido deck and hear the chair scraping all day and night. My DH, who can sleep through anything wouldn't care at all. If you're a sound sleeper, you'll be fine no matter where you are :)

I'm too scared to book any GTY. I would be miserable being above or below a lounge where they played loud music all night. Similarly, I would not want to be under the lido deck and hear the chair scraping all day and night. My DH, who can sleep through anything wouldn't care at all. If you're a sound sleeper, you'll be fine no matter where you are :)

We ended up under the Lido deck with a guarantee on the Pride. I was really worried but it ended up fine. We could hear occasional chair scraping on the balcony but not in the room. Loved the extended balcony for the extra room, though!

Our worst room we actually chose. :o We booked a group booking on the Valor and the groups dept. told me they had limited rooms to work with so we ended up on deck 6 over the sports bar during college playoffs. Won't make that mistake again - we could clearly hear the announcers on the TVs and then the cheers and screaming with every score. It was really loud every time there was a game on.

• 6 years later...